• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterdeg
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • NW Sydney

Quote for dual batter setup

I asked for a quote for installing a dual battery system in my Sport.
    Inside the cabin, in the battery-box compartment of the Drifta.
    As part of it, I asked for a socket to run the fridge.

They must be a mighty special brand of socket.

Last edited by peterdeg; 19-11-18, 02:17 PM.
    Peter
    2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.
  • geopaj
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Adelaide

WOW... $840 in labour plus an extra $300 for the rear socket, and charging for both a DC-DC charger AND a Redarc smart isolator (why would you need both?).

I’d be looking elsewhere or seeing if you can get some support to do the install yourself.
    Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• peterdeg
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • NW Sydney

Sorry, there's some additional line items in there that I accidentally grabbed in the screen shot.
      Items 9 - 11 are for a power socket at the rear to hook the camper up to.

I queried it. Apparently they have fixed price installs for some items.

Yep, second quote will definitely be organised.
      Peter

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Be a lot cheaper to buy the materials yourself and have a mobile auto electrician come and do the job..Buy an enerdrive dcdc 40amp charger for around $450...
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• peterdeg
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • NW Sydney

Finally done.

90Ah Lead crystal battery. Ryobi battery charger for the reciprocating saw I take camping.

DC-DC charger under the bonnet. Let's see if it's ok with the heat. They weren't concerned.

Solar input at the rear. Excuse the quality.

A small battery monitor I bought years ago and never used.
          Green: Solid > 12.7V (roughly), Slow blink 12.4 - 12.7V, Fast blink 12.0 - 12.4
          Yellow: Solid 11.8-12.0 (and so on down the scale)
          Peter

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

I'll be interested in your thoughts on the lead Crystal battery. I'm keen on trying one when my aux gives out.

I don't know about the position of your charger though. Mine is on a bracket just on the side and in front of of the radiator so it gets plenty of air. That was done by a reputable 4WD place so I trust what they've done.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2013
              • Sydney

I’d say that charger is going to get hot even if it’s turned off in that position. I would have thought the other side of the battery would at least give it some protection from directly radiated heat. I have a 4L Aluminium air tank in the corner where a second battery can be installed. Whilst I know that Alu is a bit of a heat sink this tank is shielded from the engine block by the battery and the air compressor. It is heating from the air in the engine bay. The tank is too hot to touch after a normal drive and that is without pumping it up either.

Do you know if the charger will limit output above a certain temperature?
              NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X