• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DatPaj
    • Jul 2019
    • Armidale

First diesel - NX Pajero

Since this is the first diesel I've owned I thought I'd introduce my new (to me) 2016 NX Pajero. I live in country NSW and finally went away from lowered sedans and utes to something more practical. It's an ex-police one from Port Macquarie way (I know, I know, some people won't touch ex-police cars) and I got it with a bit over 90,000kms for what I felt was a good price

It's only been a few months but it's been great. It has the usual body and trim damage from the line of work it used to be in, but otherwise it drives really well and so far there haven't been any surprises. I expected there to be a few issues with a second-hand ex-police vehicle and so far there hasn't been anything major, just a few little things. There were a couple of extras I wanted to get though which included

- A set of Stedi Type X 8.5 lights. This is the fifth Stedi purchase I've made and I reckon they are simply the best value for money.
    - Some neoprene seat covers from Supertrim. Haven't had any cabin food/drink/small child disasters yet but they are a good fit and easy to keep clean.
    - A bunch of little things like the broken rear bumper reflector, rubber floor mats, upgrading the stereo firmware and redoing the rubber strip on the body panels around the bullbar.
    - Replaced the drivers door check which was making a cracking sound as the end had split, I assume from lots of use as a police vehicle.

I also managed to clean up the wiring (there were lots of extra wires, now unused, running about the place, all installed pretty well by the looks of it) and I figured out the rear dome light which was wired differently from it's police days. I'm not sure where the wire runs, but one of the light wires has been re-routed with a new one. It took a while to figure out why the light wouldn't come on.

I have a few plans that I'm thinking of, but already this forum has given me lots of info to work with and I'm looking forward to sharing my progress and getting some input from the rest of the Pajero community.
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Nice and welcome, I have a 2015 (MY16) ex police NX.

What aftermarket accessories did it come with?

I had mine at the auto elec a couple of weeks ago getting an Anderson plug wire run and I mentioned the rear dome light, it had been disconnected in the middle of the roof about 500mm in from the rear door. He just reconnected and works a treat.

What do you mean by the drivers door check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• DatPaj
      • Jul 2019
      • Armidale

It hardly had any aftermarket accessories, which actually suited me since I can pick the exact ones I want. It's always an easier decision doing that instead of replacing stuff that already works. Other than the Ironman bullbar it was basically stock as far as I could tell.

The door check is the little black rod that sits inside the door and holds it open. The end had split where it joins the body and allowed movement, making a loud crack when the door was opened past half-way. It was a bit of work getting the door trim off for the first time but for $31 it is nice having a new one.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X