• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Flinders Rangers Long Weekend

a couple of shots from the Flinders Rangers on the June Long weekend.

Steve

2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • Lando
    Valued Member
    • May 2013
    • Lake Maquarie NSW

Love the night shots!!! Looks amazing
    MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• letsgoplaces
      • Jul 2014
      • Adelaide

Those are great shots
      It looks like someone knows what they're doing

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

I see that SA have now moved to online advance booking for their parks which causes big problems like has happened in Qld. Did you have any issues with it?
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• XTV
          • Apr 2011
          • Adelaide Hills

We had no trouble buying a pass on the day we wanted to use it from the Hawker petrol station just last week. They processed the purchase via the PC on their sales desk using the on-line facility that is available to everyone I believe.

Comment

• ticky
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by letsgoplaces View Post
            Those are great shots
            It looks like someone knows what they're doing
            Someone did john, and he showed me. Peter is a great photographer and I have learned so much from him over the years but he only showed me how to do those night shots while we were up there.

As for park passes, we were up in the northern flinders on a station so this wasnt an issue.

I was lucky enough to be invited away with a group of people who were a huge help to me. My Pajero is stock which presented a few problems but we all chipped in and did some road building and there was always someone spotting for me. I am also the least experienced driver in the group so I had a lot of advice on how to tackle problems.

It was certainly some of the most technical driving I have done, where the correct wheel placement was essential a lot of the time.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody else's photos.

Steve
            2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• ticky
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2015
              • Adelaide

This 2016 Ford Ranger just wasnt up to the challenge

Comment

• Real4Wdrive
                • Mar 2013
                • SA

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                a couple of shots from the Flinders Rangers on the June Long weekend.

Steve
                Nice pic mate. what was that taken on?
                NS Pajero 25th Anniversary, OME Suspensions, ARB Bullbar, Rhino Platform Roof Racks, ECU Remap, Polyaire Bags.

Check out my videos: www.youtube.com/c/TabVentures

Comment

• m_and_m
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2010
                  • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by ticky View Post
                  I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody else's photos.
                  Steve
                  Because Pete was flitting around with the Nikon constantly I took barely any. Hanging out to see his handy-work.

Here are some reasonable ones taken with the iPhone. I really love the Flinders Rangers, and looking back on the photos just make me want to go back!

2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                  2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                  Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• letsgoplaces
                    • Jul 2014
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                    I really love the Flinders Rangers, and looking back on the photos just make me want to go back!
                    OK then, let's go

I forgot that I had taken a few pictures on my phone as well.
                    Spent too much time on it finding out the weekend away cost me a dog

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Whilst you chaps were having a great time in the Northern Flinders I was doing some voluntary work a few 100kms south.

Eyre Depot.

Eyre Depot Monument

Sunrise near Mt Arden

Wedge Tail eagles soaring over Mayo Gorge.

OJ. (with an old iPhone 4 camera)
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011

I managed to get a few solo bush walks in. I was east of Hawker, on top of the Razorback and I stopped for morning tea and whilst I was quietly enjoying the view, a yellow footed rock wallaby hopped up to investigate. He was within 5 or 6 metres of me and stayed for about 15 minutes before hopping off.
                        An endangered species that is growing in population due to conservation efforts of many people in the area. These sightings do not happen if you are in a group of walkers and are making too much noise.

See the centre of the photo and you may need a bit of zoom to see the magnificent fur coat that was prized by hunters that lead the YFRW almost to extinction.

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011

From the top of Dutchman's Stern.

OJ.

Comment

• m_and_m
                            Valued Member
                            • Mar 2010
                            • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                            I managed to get a few solo bush walks in. I was east of Hawker, on top of the Razorback and I stopped for morning tea and whilst I was quietly enjoying the view, a yellow footed rock wallaby hopped up to investigate. He was within 5 or 6 metres of me and stayed for about 15 minutes before hopping off.
                            OJ.
                            Those sure are the special moments that make it all worth while.
                            2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                            2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                            Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• ticky
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2015
                              • Adelaide

Some beautiful photos off the iphones, its pretty hard to knock the quality of iphone photos. I have a beauty of my dad at 85yo sitting on a Suzuki M109 1800cc bike shortly before he died taken with my old iphone5.

It doesnt matter where you go in the Flinders, its all beautiful. A very good shot by OJ of the YFRW, I have only ever seen a couple in the wild. Too bad you were busy OJ it would have been nice to catch up again, but you certainly didnt miss out by the looks of things.

To answer the question what I was using, it's a Nikon D3500 with a Nikon 18-55mm Lens, Mostly at 55mm.
                              (Mostly on Drongo Mode)

As M&M said, Looking forward to seeing Peter's photos. I think he was using a Nikon D7000, and he doesn't need Drongo Mode

Steve

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X