• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

NX Build

I didn't bother creating a thread when I did my NP buildup, but this time I'll make the effort
    Some items will be moved over from the old NP. Even though other items may be compatible, (like bushskinz or UHF), I purchased new either because they looked better, or taking them off the NP would reduce it's resale value.

I like reading other's build threads as you get some great ideas.

So, this is my mod list:

Completed
    Sand grabber floor mats
    Tow bar + Redarc tow-pro elite brake controller
    GPS - Garmin. From NP. Gives me kph and I prefer it located on windscreen.
    Rear cargo rubber mat
    Snorkle - Safari this time. NP had a TJM airtec. I prefer the ability of Safari to turn the head, and also add a dust/bug filter.
    2" Lift with airbags ARB OME (100kg Front, 0-200kg Rear), plus Airbag man airbags.
    Winch - From NP. 12000lb Runva
    SPVi mod - no explanation needed.
    Bushskinz underbody - intercooler, sump, transmission, transfer case.
    Bushskinz side-steps
    Steel Bullbar - colour coded ARB deluxe winch bar
    LT tyres - BFG 265/65 R18 plus mod for carrying larger spare
    70W HID conversion for high beam lights
    DashCommand ODBII on iPhone
    UHF - GME TX3510SW
    Traction Control / Rear diff lock mod
    Disable drivers seat belt alarm
    Roof bars - Rhino square heavy duty
    Replaced main battery with the Exide extreme
    Auxiliary Battery
    Dash mat
    Catch Can
    LED interior lights
    TPMS - Tyredog TD1300A-X
    Stronger tie down points - swapped with NPs
    Window tinting
    Anderson plug at tow bar
    Aux fuel tank - LRA 58L from NP and repaired.
    Spotlights (Kings 7")

When I get around to it

GPS tracker
    Air compressor and air tank
    USB power ports for 2nd row
    Last edited by m_and_m; 25-05-17, 01:48 AM.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Watching with interest...Both of us replacing a similar vehicle, with a similar vehicle, it will be interesting to see what you chose to do with the NX to what I have done.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• m_and_m
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      Watching with interest...Both of us replacing a similar vehicle, with a similar vehicle, it will be interesting to see what you chose to do with the NX to what I have done.

I must say, it's a lot easier 2nd time around. You kinda just know what you want.
      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
        I must say, it's a lot easier 2nd time around. You kinda just know what you want.
        I'd agree its easier 2nd time round (for those that don't know, 18 mths ago I upgraded from a NL to a NT). The biggest downside I found was being impatient and wanting the new one set up like the old one ASAP (high upfront cost).

Marshall, you'll love the NX.
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• letsgoplaces
          • Jul 2014
          • Adelaide

Way to go
          Are you sure you're taking it slowly enough

It's going to be a great setup

Comment

• caroma
            • May 2012
            • WA - Pilbara

How exciting is it though!
            2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by caroma View Post
              How exciting is it though!
              and expensive too.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• m_and_m
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2010

The new and the old

Ok, let's start with the NX as-is, plus the ol' NP.

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17, 07:33 AM.

Comment

• m_and_m
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2010

Rubber floor mats

I had carpet in the NP, and then got some cheap $30 rubber ones. They were great! So easy to clean out dirt, sand etc. They looked really grubby after a while, but they did the job and kept a lot of muck off the carpet.

This time I noticed some genuine MMAL as an accessory, so bought them with the deal.

They don't have as higher side wall as I expected, and don't cover as much of the floor as I'd like though.
                  In hindsight, probably should have bought ones like these., however they are double the price I got the genuine ones for.

Notice under the accelerator pedal and footrest is unprotected.

These would have been better.
                  EDIT: I sold the original ones above and bought these. They are much better, although, twice the price.
                  Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• m_and_m
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2010

Stronger tie-down points

I was surprised when I noticed theNX has weak, plastic tie down, whereas the NP had metal ones.

So I swapped them around. The trim on the NPs was old so I put the NP's metal bracket into the NX's trim.

Only required a little hole to be drilled into the NX trim
                    [IMG]http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t665/m_and_m2/NX%20Build/147c1d0f-3165-4477-b1bb-b5e5487403b6_zpstdlvu9jv.jpg[~original/IMG]
                    Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010

Tow bar + Redarc tow-pro elite brake controller

On sharkcavers advice, I had the dealer installed the tow bar and the electric brake controller.
                      I'm really glad I did. Here is a thread of what's involved.

I chose a Redarc tow pro elite for two reasons. Firstly it is nowhere near my left knee, like the prodigy controller was. Secondly, it allows you to manually override and apply a constant adjustable trailer brake force without needed to hold it on. It also looks really discrete.

Here's where the controller is installed. I allowed room to the left for the fuel gauge or other switches.
                      Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• m_and_m
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2010

TPMS - Tyredog TD1300A-X

When I purchased the tyre dog (Chinese clone) I accidentally bought two.
                        So, the second one is now in the NX.

Last edited by m_and_m; 03-08-17, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• m_and_m
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post

You've got a few good months headstart on me! As with any build, it's all about what suites yourself best, but I cant help feeling it will be verrry similar.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                            but I cant help feeling it will be verrry similar.
                            True, but Its very different already and I like what I see. Top stuff. Least your tow pro was installed in a position to be of use. Same cant be said for mine.
                            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• m_and_m
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2010

Anyone know if the NX suffers from dash shake on severe corregated roads?
                              Is this another mod I need to add to the list?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X