• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazyc
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2011
    • Brisbane

fuel in primo, not a bad little tool.

water temp in fahrenheit good out of band gauges.

i must drive like a little girl.. plus another 5% distance for 33"
    sub 13 on the open road, happy with that

LC
    Attached Files

Comment

• peter92
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • maryborough queensland

thats not too bad, ive got that on mine but havent figued it out yet how to set it up
      regards peter
      used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
      now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
      bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
      SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• moparcm
        • Nov 2008

i just done a trip up to birdsville and back with a few side trips here and there with a camper trailer.
        Did around 4500 kms and used roughly 950 litres of fuel.
        But the last 850kms was with no turbo with a fully loaded car and camper trailer.
        worked out to 21/100
        my vehicle is a nk 2.8 turbo.

Comment

• TC.Barky
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Melbourne

Anything above 16L/100KM is bad for me around the city. I somehow got 11 on Dargo road a few weeks ago (hilly, windy sealed road) and I average between 12 and 13 on the highway. Tend to get around the 20 mark for typical offroading though my last big offroading trip was 24 iirc.

MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
          Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Emu
            • Jun 2011
            • Lake Eildon

I average about 13l/100km and thats mainly country driving.
            NJ 3.5l DOHC petrol
            NJ Escape GLX, 3.5 DOHC
            Alloy bullbar, Narva spotties, GME-TX3500 UHF
            NL GLS seats and centre console
            JVC stereo, alpine fronts, pioneer 6x9 rears
            Moon roof

Comment

• tuscanmotorist
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Dont run out of petrol

Please dont push the boundries to the point of running out of petrol. It is likley to cost you a new fuel pump. The pump is summerged in the fuel tank and while circulating fuel is passing through it then its cooled by the petrol. If you run out and keep trying to start you will cook it quite quickly.

And yes those with a diesel will tell of more expensive woes.

Comment

• scruffy
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2012
                • Caboolture

Only had mine for 1 1/2 weeks. Drove home from Maitland to Kallangur on cruise and sitting on the speed limits and averaged 11.5kp100. Used 82l for 720 kms with cruise and air on. Good enough for me. Bob
                98 NL GLS 3500. Now with a Bocar bullbar and 265/75/16 tyres. Waiting for a snorkel and UHF.
                Now with 7" HID

Forget the health food, I need all the preservatives I can get. Alcohol is a preservative isnt it?

Comment

• robbie+jen
                  • Jun 2014
                  • bendigo

Fuel Consumption

Had my 1999 nl paj serviced at 284k did a trip to qld towing 17ft Jayco van averaged 17lt per 100k Just did a weekender to healesville and back Paj only return trip and running around during week 419kl 52.32lt=12.48 ltrs per 100k Which I reckon is pretty dam good

Comment

• robbie+jen
                    • Jun 2014
                    • bendigo

forgot to mention 3.5 petrol arb bullbar 40ltr fridge

Comment

• Valiant81
                      • Dec 2009
                      • Bracknell Tasmania

Fuel consumption

Hi all;
                      I've had my 95 pajero with the 4M40 diesel motor for a few years now, several trips, Alice Springs one year, Dawin another and our 4th trip over to tassie coming up this xmas. We keep a pretty good record of our fuel cost. Around town, don't care, but on a trip etc Darwin in 2013, pulling a Jayco discovery pop top ( show/toilet and 160 odd Lts of water) . about 2 ton in weight. sitting on about 90/95 Kph fuel burn worked out @ 17.5 lts/100 Kms and that was with the air con on 24/7.

As for with out the caravan on the back, well i did a trip from home ( Mildura ) to Bendigo. Started out with a full tank of fuel, long range tank ( 150 Ltrs ) and did a refill at Charlton that is 300 kms from home. The Pajero took 25 odd liters of fuel.

So lets say 11 Lts highway and with the caravan this is pushed up to 17/18 Lts towing the caravan. Both times with the air con on.

The pajero now has 220,000 Kms on the clock, so far.

Comment

• v8r
                        • May 2014
                        • mudgee, nsw

my complete figures and stats are here.

around 15l/100 on the road up to 18 around town.. i wear heavy boots

NL exceed auto with dual batt, 32's, large (drag) roof rack
                        My Fuelly.com stats

Comment

• Gringos
                          • Jul 2016
                          • Millicent-South Australia

94 GL V6 manual stats

Hi all.

Hopefully this info maybe of use to anyone considering buying a Good Cheap Pajero just like we did.

Since purchasing our 94 GL V6 manual LWB back in July 2016 we have racked up approx. 8,000 K's in 3 months with two different drivers, so can now add some Fuel Consumption stats.

The vehicle is a bog stock 94 V6 manual and sees mostly Country Hwy miles including made dirt roads. It is a high mileage unit at 257K when we bought it. I replaced the Timing Belts, Oil and Filters when we bought it, plus a new set of Sailun Terramax HT 235/75 x 15 tyres. The old girl uses approx. 200ml of oil per 1000 K's.....which it leaks mostly.

The Pajero is occasionally used to tow our 8 x 5 tandem with loads of firewood, mulch, and loads of timber for our house construction......being Owner Builders.

Starting with Pajero only stats.
                          **Note** As a rule: 1 person only, minimal load unless otherwise noted. We try to observe a 3000 rpm maximum on the Hwy unless overtaking. 108Kph @ 3000 rpm. (4.65:1 diff ratio)

Best Consumption: 9.40 KpL (Kilometers per litre) OR 10.63 Lp100 (Litres per 100 K's) (approx.26.5 mpg-imp/gall.)
                          Worst Consumption: 7.13 Kpl OR 14.01 Lp100. (approx.20mpg-imp./gall.)
                          Average Consumption: 8.00 Kpl OR 12.39 Lp100. (approx. 22.5mpg-imp./gall.)

Note the 9.40 Kpl figure
                          was achieved by my wife on her last trip to Adelaide early October 2016 from Millicent SA via Coorong-Murray Bridge- Adelaide traveling at 2500-2750 rpm (90-100Kph). mostly flat terrain until the Adelaide Hills. My best is 8.65 KpL @ the 3000 rpm limit. No appreciable difference in fuel type (Premium, E10 or 91 octane) affects mileage at this point.

Next figures Pajero towing 8 x 5 tandem empty. Trailer weight approx 500Kg.
                          **Note** figures accumulated here include 2 trips Millicent SA to Colac Victoria via Casterton-Hamilton-Mortlake-Noorat-Colac. This includes a good range of terrain, flat and hills and road conditions. All other trips are either local or to Adelaide.

Best Consumption: 7.27 KpL OR 13.74Lp100.(approx.20.5mpg. imp./gall.) (2500-2750rpm 90-100Kph)
                          Worst Consumption: 6.05 Kpl OR 16.50Lp100.(approx.17mpg.imp./gall.) (3000 rpm @ 108Kph)

Next figures Pajero towing 8 x 5 tandem loaded. Total towed weights so far from 0.9 to 1.5 tonne including trailer. When loaded we try to keep rpm to 2500-2750 or 90-100 Kph max.

Best consumption: 7.21 Kpl OR 13.87Lp100. (approx.20.5mpg.imp./gall.) (Load 1.2tonne)
                          Worst consumption: 6.53 Kpl OR 15.31Lp100.(approx.18.5mpg.imp./gall.) (Load 900Kg)

No doubt towing a caravan or camper that is higher and wider than a similar model Pajero would affect consumption.

We are very happy with our 94 Pajero. Comfortable and quite capable considering that it is only a Stock 3 litre V6 manual. I had my doubts initially that it would be OK for towing, but it has proved a good bus. Hope this info maybe of use to others looking at similar model Pajero's.

Cheers........

Comment

• Ashman
                            • Dec 2016
                            • Sydney

I just drove from Melbourne to Goulburn on one tank, 700ks. Probably could have pushed 750 as the fuel light still wasn't on. had the AC on low/medium nearly all of the way, and left it running every time I stoped for breaks. It was 95octane, NJ 3.5. The Paj is bog standard tho, only roof racks.

Also I pretty much crusied between 90 and 110 all the way, keeping it under 3000rpm, after I filled up thought I would put the boot down back to Sydney. 1 hour of driving at 120 every time I looked down the needle had dropped.

Comment

• BrisMatt
                              • Sep 2019
                              • Brisbane

Bris to Melb

We just finished a round trip Brisbane to Melbourne with some places in between. 3822km travelled with 488 litres of Diesel used --> 13 litres / 100km. Had basket on roof full of luggage, car fully packed, very happy with result. We also used larger 235 85 16 tyres which kept the revs down on highway below 3000rpm. Rarely went above 100km/hr

93 NH 2.5 intercooled diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X