• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Batts
    • Apr 2011
    • Seattle USA

Tyres in Adelaide..trade in my new Challenger tyres for A/T

Hey guys,

Well I bit the bullet and have a MY12 7 seater LS Challenger on order....woooHooo! A buddy in QLD has one and suggested I trade the stock Bridgestone Duelers in on some BFG A/Ts or similar whilst the tyres are new. Any suggestions fro best place in Adelaide to do this?
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Good luck!!!
    But don't expect too much for your original tyres, if any at all. Most tyre dealers just aren't interested.
    A bit confused here, you've asked about tyres here in Adelaide, but your "Location" is in Seattle USA??
    Oh yeah!! Congrats on your new purchase....where ever you are??
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Batts
      • Apr 2011
      • Seattle USA

Originally posted by Silver Streak View Post
      Good luck!!!
      But don't expect too much for yor original tyres, if any at all. Most tyre dealers just aren't interested.
      A bit confused here, you've asked about tyres here in Adelaide, but your "Location" is in Seattle USA??

Thank you for your reply, I guess Ill just call around and see what is the best deal i can get! Regarding the Seattle, I lived there for 7 1/2yrs and have moved back to Adelaide last week :-)

Comment

• mrbitchi
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

Ask your car dealer. Sometimes they will arrange a good deal for you.
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• jimsiron
          • Feb 2010
          • Mildura, gateway to the outback

I have retained the originals, been up the Oodnadatta track twice, Flinders Ranges, Arkaroola, (all towing a trailer) done the 4WD trecks there also. Last trip in June got caught in the wet and still went through ok. Save your money and just buy new tyres when replacement is due. As mentioned you will probably get bugger all for the originals as a trade compared to their real value.
          regards
          Jimsiron
          2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

• DaveXT
            • Mar 2010
            • Melbourne Outer East

I was offered $500 trade in when they were new but sold them later on ebay for $480 with 3000 km on them.

Comment

• Drjohn11
              • Sep 2011
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by DaveXT View Post
              I was offered $500 trade in when they were new but sold them later on ebay for $480 with 3000 km on them.
              Got new BFG AT's recently got $250 tradein for 5 tyres, 4 with 11K on them, its worth asking the question.
              NX GLS MY15 Pajero 265 265 17 BFG AT KO2 Bilsteins & Lovells, ARB Bar Airtec Snorkel Runva XP11 Full BushSkinz Underbody Protection and RockSliders, Donaldson Filter, LRA Tank, Icom 450N 75W HID Spots & Lightbar Drifta Drawers MSA Fridge Slide Engel Fridge 110AH Lithium Battery 65L Water Tank Paddle & Lockup-Mate Kimberley Kamper
              NL 1999 Pajero 3.5L Cargo Barrier UHF Roof Rack. Dual Battery Engel Fridge No Airbags

Comment

• Cory
                • Jun 2008

I arranged to change mine as soon as I picked up the vehicle (now done 30000k), about a year ago now. After ringing around quite a few Perth tyre places, Bob Jane in Claremont took the tyres the day I picked the car up (tyres had done 28k - basically dealer to Claremont), and charged me $500 in total for 5 tyres - Bridgestone D694LT - everywhere else wanted at least $1000 as a changeover.

Comment

• russ1
                  • Feb 2011
                  • adelaide

Originally posted by jimsiron View Post
                  I have retained the originals, been up the Oodnadatta track twice, Flinders Ranges, Arkaroola, (all towing a trailer) done the 4WD trecks there also. Last trip in June got caught in the wet and still went through ok. Save your money and just buy new tyres when replacement is due. As mentioned you will probably get bugger all for the originals as a trade compared to their real value.
                  regards
                  Jimsiron
                  Agree with you Jim, travelled some of those tracks and others years ago with standard tyres and never had a problem. Surprising where a standard vehicle will get you IMO.
                  Cheers.

Comment

• Batts
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Seattle USA

Originally posted by Cory View Post
                    I arranged to change mine as soon as I picked up the vehicle (now done 30000k), about a year ago now. After ringing around quite a few Perth tyre places, Bob Jane in Claremont took the tyres the day I picked the car up (tyres had done 28k - basically dealer to Claremont), and charged me $500 in total for 5 tyres - Bridgestone D694LT - everywhere else wanted at least $1000 as a changeover.
                    Thanks for the input everyone. I agree if the changeover was $1000+ then I would forget the exercise and keep the originals. I was hoping for a changeover closer to $600.

Thx again everyone

Comment

• acem8
                      • Jul 2011
                      • Queensland

I got the dealer to swap mine for 5 x Cooper AT3 and it cost $665. I will get 90k out of these whereas the standards would probably need changinging at 60k so it isn't a bad idea.

I got the dealer to fit all the extras etc new so that I can claim 20% depreciation on the whole lot for tax each year (I use it for business).
                      MY12 PB Challenger LS Manual in Ironbark. Cooper AT3's, HR Towbar, Tints

Comment

• Challenged2010
                        • Jul 2010
                        • Naracoorte, SA

Originally posted by acem8 View Post
                        I got the dealer to swap mine for 5 x Cooper AT3 and it cost $665. I will get 90k out of these whereas the standards would probably need changinging at 60k so it isn't a bad idea.

I got the dealer to fit all the extras etc new so that I can claim 20% depreciation on the whole lot for tax each year (I use it for business).
                        I kept the H/T originals and have been right through the Flinders, Arkaroola, Strezlecki, Corner Country, Robe - Beachport run etc all no problems. Have just clocked 58,000km and I reckon there's still another 20,000km tread on 'em so I'd stay with the originals 'til they wear out and save your dough. It's just about pressure and speed.
                        Dave
                        2010 Silver Challenger LS auto, ARB Deluxe Bar, EDS full length custom bash plates, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 225 broad beam kit with HID conversion, 2" lift with OME suspension, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S 265-65-17

Comment

• drof
                          • Sep 2010
                          • South Australia

The stock HT's are actually very good on sand/beaches. Depending on what you're planning on doing, other upgrades maybe a better investment before tires.

Comment

• JayKayW
                            • Feb 2011
                            • Newcastle

Originally posted by acem8 View Post

There is a bit of a trap here - I had the dealer fit Cooper AT3s prior to delivery but they put on a passenger construction tyre rather than the LT I had specified. Fortunately I picked it up and they had to swap them over. The LT has about 3mm deeper tread, much higher load rating and heavier construction (and is a fair bit more expensive).

Cooper Australia only bring in the LT in the 265/65R17 size, so the P spec tyre was a parallel import & also doesn't have warranty etc.

Comment

• Batts
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Seattle USA

I managed to upgrade to BFGs for $600 for all five tyres. Great deal I thought as the first quote was $1300!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X