• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scottyoffroad
    • Jan 2011
    • Bordertown, S.A

Tow Bar on tow point

Hi everyone, new to this site and pajero's. Have just purchased a 1999 NL Escape. I am a little worried about the towbar. It is mounted to the rear tow point only. Is this common on pajero's and is it safe?

Regards Scotty
    1999 NL Escape. 380 Engine, Alloy Bullbar, TJM Full Length Alloy Rack, 16" Sunnies with 32" Muddies, 2" Lift, Sidesteps, Towbar, Cargo Barrier, UHF.... Wishlist: Front Lokka
  • EastlyH
    • Nov 2009
    • Canberra

+Depends what you want to tow. It should have a plate on it showing what weight it is safe for.

Comment

• Scottyoffroad
      • Jan 2011
      • Bordertown, S.A

Yeah, there is a plate there, but it actually looked a bit dodgy to me... as if someone had made it themselves. The more I think about it though leads me to think that that would be a lot of effort to go to and why would you? Rated to 1250 kgs.

Just have to be carefull of what I tow I guess. Has anyone towed a substantial weight with this set up though??
      1999 NL Escape. 380 Engine, Alloy Bullbar, TJM Full Length Alloy Rack, 16" Sunnies with 32" Muddies, 2" Lift, Sidesteps, Towbar, Cargo Barrier, UHF.... Wishlist: Front Lokka

Comment

• Lance
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Melbourne

Could you post a pic of the t/bar Scotty ?
        2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
        2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X