• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • P4J3R0
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Brisbane

I have a set of muddies and a set of AT.

Muddies have done a max of 10k in the last 5 years. AT have done 90k.

Having the choice again would buy good AT ( not the most expensive) and not worry about the muddies. I used to use them for boys trips to play in the mud but now am doing more touring and the extended time on the black top means muddies are just to painful to put up with.

My falken wildpeak A02 are bloody awesome. At $270 for 275/65R18 they are pretty cheap. Will probably buy another set if I can find them.
    NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Apollo
      • Dec 2016
      • Cooloola Coast QLD

Yep, Original HTs on factory alloys for every day travelling and a set of one size up BFG Km2 on some triton factory alloys for touring/offroad trips. Probably when the HTs are done, I will replace with ATs and selling off the muddies.

Comment

• Merts
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2011
        • Bendigo Vic

I have a set of after-market rims, which have been on the vehicle from within the first week I had it. Those rims had Cooper AT3s initially, and now they have BFG KO2s on them.

The original tyres and rims are in the back shed. I get away on a 2 or 3 day 4WDing trip around 8 to 10 times a year, plus some other day trips. The idea of changing the wheels over before and again after each trip is way too much trouble for me.

The other issue, is even with the amount of off-road stuff I'm doing, the tyres would be past their use by date before they were even close to worn out.

If I was running much more aggressive muddies, I might reconsider, but the negatives of the ATs on the bitumen isn't enough for me to be bothered swapping them all of the time.
        Merts
        Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
        Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• rxcorp
          • Sep 2015
          • Melbourne

I have 2 set for road and offroad 4wding.

Road
          17x8.5 20+ Alloys 275/65/17 BFG All Terrains

OffRoad
          17x7.5 30+ Steelies 285/70/17 Copper STT Pro

Comment

• kiwi1973
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • New Zealand

Originally posted by rxcorp View Post
            I have 2 set for road and offroad 4wding.

Road
            17x8.5 20+ Alloys 275/65/17 BFG All Terrains

OffRoad
            17x7.5 30+ Steelies 285/70/17 Copper STT Pro
            I don't mean to digress from original topic too much. 285/70/17 are pretty big. Any rubbing or other issues? A photo perhaps?
            2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011
              • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
              I don't mean to digress from original topic too much. 285/70/17 are pretty big. Any rubbing or other issues? A photo perhaps?
              Yes they are 40mm over standard size.

OJ.
              2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
              MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Lost1
                • Dec 2013
                • Melbourne

Hi Pajaru, I am looking to go down this path. Don't get away as often as I would like and don't want to chop out offroad tyres driving around town. I will let you know what I end up doing.
                09 ML GLX-R 3.2L Manual. Bushskinz bash plates, 285/75x16 Kumho MT51 & 16x8 alloys, 3" exhaust, Dobinson MRR 2"lift, MCC Bar and Wheel Carrier, 12000lb ICM winch, Dual Batteries, Billet Turbo compressor upgrade, Brown and Davis LR tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X