X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GHostNizal
    • Nov 2016
    • Plane-t earth

just did a joint on the w.e.....looking at drivetech on ebay now the warranty has dropped to 12months/20thou like all other cheapos

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

I have run the older Repco ones - they were absolute crap and it was causing me issues with CV's running straight, when I went around a corner I would get vibrations as the shaft rode over the bumps that hold the bearings in place - if I lifted the wheel off the ground and turned it by hand the wheel would go up and down by around 50mm - this is at full droop. GSP ones were a lot better but they still did not last more than around 3 months with my front suspension wound up not quite 2" - I opened the CV up 3 months after install to check and one of the bearings had destroyed itself and the casing had a crack in it....... this was mainly road use and 2-3 days of off road work..........

depending on what model you have the Gen 3 inner can be used on a gen 2 (8" diffs only and knowing Mitsi there are probably variants of that as well, my 3.0 8" diff has different CV's to the 3.5 8" even though they both have the same spines on the end). I have run aftermarket CV's and while I was quoted nearly $900 for a side I spent over $500 in the end to get a workable solution - that included 3 new aftermarket CV's and 3 second hand genuine
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• GHostNizal
        • Nov 2016
        • Plane-t earth

Scratch that, CV is still fine just lost my upper control arm bolts.....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X