Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 02-06-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweefu View Post
Hi All,

It seems like there's quite a few people running the KO2'S, how have they been going long term?

I'm particularly interested in wet bitumen performance.

I've just ordered a Pajero Sport and I'm switching to an all terrain tyre for weekend trips, but I don't want to trade off too much safety/road performance. I'm probably asking for an impossible combo!

Cheers

I run the KO'2 and think they handle extremely well in the wet.

every tyre has its limitations but they are a great all rounder IMHO
Old 05-06-18
Valued Member

I've got the KO2's and think they are great on wet bitumen! Better than my General grabber at2 I had on before

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear shelf with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, tigerz awning 2.5 x 2.0m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 05-06-18
Valued Member

outright grip on the road is directly proportional to the ammount of rubber on the road.Because the AT tyre has large chunks missing it will not have the grip an HT tyre will have.An aggressive AT tyre will not have as much grip as a more mild AT tyre on th rod purely because as the ammount of rubber on the road is less.
I have KO at and we have windy roads and wet weather I have never had a moment with the BFG.Maybe i just drive like a nana(but i pass plenty of cars on the big local hill!)

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default New new tyres - Considering BFG K02

I have been on the road for 8 weeks after coming out of East Arnhemland via the Arnhem track or officially known as the Central Arnhem Road.
The Paj was loaded as you can see from the photo..looks untidy..$$$ later for a storage system..I digress..
Anyway..
The KO2s were great on the track, 750ks of rutts, washouts and corrugations with not a problem...not tyre block tears, chips etc..
Driving to the conditions and tyre placement had a thing to do with it as well I will add.
I had in the fronts had 34psi and 38psi when we left Gove, checked frequently with pencil pressure gauge during our 7450km journey to northern NSW..via Oodnadatta track, side journey to Arkaroola..bit of 4wding in the Flinders, the tyres did not lose a pound..
The BFG’s do bulge a bit in the rears, I thought the pressure might be too low for the sealed road..still 34 @ 38 but after the first day on the road..every time for fuel, placed my hand on the tread...stone cold..tyre wall...stone cold..no block tearing, block chips, splits etc..
The tyres have worn well and even across the tread face.
They are a bit noisy, you can hear the typical aggressive ATM tyre hummmm, but still quieter than the Bridgestones I had on my work Ute.
Granted the BFG is a premium tyre with a price tag to go along with them..
In my case ...worth the extra coin..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Peterng; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:31 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I dunno Peter … … may be spend less on tyres and more and a storage system
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbackogre View Post
I dunno Peter … … may be spend less on tyres and more and a storage system
Yes I admit..not a pretty packing job..
I just did'nt want my "better half" to get in there and start to re arrange everything her way...for I knew where everything was!