Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Gen 4 Genuine MM Bullbar Fitting Install Instructions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scooby
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Ipswich, Qld.

Gen 4 Genuine MM Bullbar Fitting Install Instructions.

Hi Guys,

I am fitting a second hand MM bullbar to my NW.
    Does anyone have instructions and the template for an NS, NT or NW, I think NX is different unless it is only the bar that is different.
    I bought the bar and the mounts separately, the bar is straight but the mounts are a little bent, as in pushed back.
    I have straightened then a little bit but has anyone got some lying around or could they take some measurements?
    Just so that the bar will be sitting the correct distance forward without having to bolt it on and off to adjust the mounts.

Thanks in advance.
    Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

My ever fading memory tells me that the mounting brackets for my bullbar (a genuine MM bar to suit a NS, fitted to my NW Pajero) were bent from new ie the mounting onto the bar was wider than the chassis rails. I certainly remember having to drill the chassis rails. A template was supplied but naturally that is long gone now. Drilling the left chassis rail was easy - there was plenty of access for the drill, but the outer side of the right hand chassis rail was almost impossible to get to. I finished up using a right angle drill drive and a stepped drill bit. The drill bit looked like a Christmas tree, starting from 6 mm dia and stopping through to about 26 mm diameter. I stopped at 12 mm diameter. Of course, you have to paint the chassis rails after drilling them.

The flares on the wheel arches have to be cut as well, and the genuine MM bar has some rubber inserts to fill in the gap between the top of the bar and the end of the wheel arch flare.

Comment

• tripod_12
      • Apr 2018
      • Port Neill

Bullbar fitting instructions

Hi, I have a PDF file on the fitting instructions, but have no idea how to add it to this forum!!
      I can email it direct if you provide an address.
      Regards Dene

Comment

• Scooby
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2011
        • Ipswich, Qld.

Hi Dene, just sent you a pm thanks for that.

Erad, thanks for your input, that is basically what I had in mind.
        Those stepped drills are magic. Amazing what a 1/2 inch cordless drill can do with one of these.

Now can anyone measure how wide the bow is in the mounting brackets when looking down on them?
        If you have seen the mounts they are not straight but are bent or bowed a bit so they absorb some of the impact in a bingle.
        The mounts I have, had a little binge and are bowed more than they should be.

Thanks.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Comment

• Scooby
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2011
          • Ipswich, Qld.

Hi, has anyone got pictures, or could take pictures of the mounting brackets, so I can get an idea of how they should look when straightened?
          Cheers,

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

When you get things sorted can you post up pictures, measurements and suggestions on how you attached the bar? Any problems you found etc. I am sure this project will be one otheres will tackle in the future.
            Cheers.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X