• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommy49
    • Dec 2018
    • Melbourne

G'day all

G'day all,

Been lurking the last couple of months around whilst deciding to buy a Pajero.
    Proud to say that i took the plunge and bought a 2016 NX Pajero GLX and i couldn't be happier with my choice (big upgrade from the old vy commy)

Little story which validated my purchase.
    With the new rig, i decided to take her down some easy 4wd tracks around Kinglake (Vic) on the second day i got it.
    Started off nice and easy nothing too serious then out of nowhere it's starts pissing down rain and the track turns into a fair dinkum goats track. With no option to turn around i was shitting myself, what i had i got into.

So my mates ranger was in front which is pretty kitted out all the gear and i'm watching him struggle up this steep incline with wet loose rock. My mate calls through on the radio saying how effed up the track is.
    I'm sitting at the bottom watching, thinking i've got road tyres on theres no way i'm gonna be able to do that i'll get stuck here for sure.
    Anyway long story short 4 low, diff lock engage the Paj crawls up the hill with no issues whatsoever did it easier than the ranger. My mate and i were both in disbelief of how capable the stock pajero was in pretty tricky conditions.

Immediately i knew that i had made the right choice.
    Only issue is the page long list of upgrades that are going to cost a fortune haha.

Little bit about myself 28 yr old from Melbourne work as a building surveyor, love my cricket and fishing / (now 4wdriving).

Cheers
    Tommy
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Welcome Tommy.

You have made 3 smart decisions, which is more many many people do in their lifetime.

1. Buy a good 4wd.
    2. Not going off road alone especially with a stock vehicle and limited experience and preparation.
    3. Joined this forum.

Obviously a man with a degree in "Common Sense from the University of Life", at 28 years old well done.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Aspey
      • Dec 2015
      • Great Southern Land

Hi Tommy, welcome to the forum. Sounds like your new rig goes well.
      Cheers.
      NP VRX DID

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Welcome mate, from a fellow owner of a 2016 NX Pajero GLX (actually, a GLX5 coz it’s a 5 seater ex-cop but close enough)

I love my NX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Good choice. As you now know (and your mate)...the Paj is a very underestimated serious 4wd. It will keep up with the tojos, patrols and others no problems. First mod would be a catch can to save your manifold from crud. Ultragauge to see what is happening.
          cheers.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
            Good choice. As you now know (and your mate)...the Paj is a very underestimated serious 4wd. It will keep up with the tojos, patrols and others no problems. First mod would be a catch can to save your manifold from crud. Ultragauge to see what is happening.
            cheers.

... and right after that, if you are going to do the tracks, better get some underbody protection. Could save you a motza. Welcome!
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• cruisn06
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2011
              • Perth WA

Welcome, youll find heaps of info here and tons of experience.

keep enjoying the 4wd life. i sure due, my bank account reminds me... haha
              07 Mitsubishi Pajero Shorty - Currently rolling around... Parked in Armenia for the moment

Insta: https://www.instagram.com/wrongturnadventure/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X