• Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

1.9 litre D-Max

Will it hit OZ?

• craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

Not that I'm in the market for one, but if I were I'd prefer the larger displacement.
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

Theres no replacement for displacement IMHO
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

And a huge 360NM of torque...same as my skateboard.

I,m old skool as well...you can`t beat cubes..
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Vehicle Manufacturers are only responding to increasing strict emmission requirements and increasing cost of ownership through vehicle registration and fuel costs that can be very high for larger, heavier vehicle that use more fuel and emit more emissions.

In many countries around the world, they have a sliding scale of calculating registration cost or the equivalent road/vehicle tax. Some of the parameters they use are;
          Official emissions test results.
          Engine capacity.
          Fuel type.
          Vehicle Tare weight.
          Vehicle GVM.
          Vechile dimensions.
          Number of seats.
          Cargo carrying capacity.
          Location of the vehicle.
          Kms travelled.
          Age of the vehicle.

It will be only a matter of time before some of the above criteria start to be used to "encourage" Australian motorist to reconsider their choice of vehicle. When your 4wd is costing you double or triple of the registration costs of a small hatchback then many people will having second thoughts about having a 3200kg V8 Landcruiser and towing around a 3,000kg apartment on wheels or having a 7 seater 4wd for the school or sport run.

Not many people like change but we can expect more rapid and radical changes to how we live in the future. COVID 19 Pandemic is a perfect example of a global response by world governments and the drastic flow on effects it has to everyone's daily lives. 3 months ago most of the worlds population would not have believed you if you said we would be in the current situation within 3 months.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• erad
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Cooma NSW

There is no fuel or temperature gauge on the dashboard.

Comment

• Ian H
              Valued Member
              • May 2015
              • Melbourne

Yes there is. In between the speedo and taco.
              2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

OK - It is not often that I am right but I am wrong this time....

Comment

• Keithyv
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2018
                  • Perth

Wow that must have been some gutless POS before

"Power from the breakthrough 1.9-litre RZ4E turbodiesel engine is higher at 150hp (up by 36hp) and maximum torque now stands at 350Nm (up from 30Nm)."

Up from 30 Nm ??
                  2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                  MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Neville Sneath
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Newcastle

Malaysia has for years used engine capacity on regos in the seventies i leaved on Penang island and owned a Austin A40 its rego was a third of the cost of a friends HJ Holden wagon, to go to the mainland on the Penang ferry I paid $5 Malay he paid $12 one way. In the early nineties Holden was exporting VN & VP commodore wagons to Malaysia/Singapore with a Nissan 2litre 4 under the bonnet here we had 3.8 v6 or 5.0 v8s.This Isuzu is built in Malaysia for there market.

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Been driving a 2018 Prado while my Paj is in for service.
                      2.8L 6 speed.

They say “more refined with balance shafts to quell vibration, acoustically-tuned inlet, and anti-vibration mountings..450nm”

About the same as the Paj.
                      Yes, Smooth, refined I totally agree..... but just feels gutless. Can’t imagine putting a van behind it.

I don’t care what the figures say, I love the feel of the 3.2 dinosaur.

1.9 giving virtually the same figures... kudos to engineers that managed it...but no replacement for displacement.
                      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Pixie_au
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Queensland

This doesn't seem very highly tuned for a modern vehicle.

Whilst a lighter vehicle, my Kia Sportage is 2.0 turbo diesel and produces 135Kw (181Hp) and 392Nm and it's awesome to drive.

Comment

• Paul NT
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Emerald, Vic

Commodore VK 5L V8, 117KW 336NM. They said back then, no substitute for displacement??

Comment

• Having Fun
                            • Jun 2015
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Paul NT View Post
                            Commodore VK 5L V8, 117KW 336NM. They said back then, no substitute for displacement??

That is gold!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X