• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hallph
    • Dec 2016
    • Tas

NX stock driving lights where to buy? For bullbar

Just purchased a 2016 NX, very pleased with myself!

It's got the genuine Mitsubishi alloy bullbar installed however instead of driving lights it's got black plastic bits. In all the photos I've seen these black plastic spots are where the diving lights get installed.

Where can I get the diving lights / daytime running lights from?
    Are they difficult to install?
    Attached Files
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

There is a set of second hand ones on ebay if you search pajero nx genuine fog light or running light which also has the wiring harness. Link below.

Other option is a wreckers or dealership for new set but price could be up there.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Stinky
      • Jul 2007
      • Gladstone, qld

I've got a set of fog lights and DRLs. Came off my NX when I installed the ARB bar. Would sell them if you're interested.
      Cheers, Mike.
      The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
      My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

• farcanal
        • Mar 2010

My question would be why weren't they refitted once the bull bar was fitted?
        They would have been on the car before fitting the bull bar.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by hallph View Post
          Just purchased a 2016 NX, very pleased with myself!

It's got the genuine Mitsubishi alloy bullbar installed however instead of driving lights it's got black plastic bits. In all the photos I've seen these black plastic spots are where the diving lights get installed.

Where can I get the diving lights / daytime running lights from?
          Are they difficult to install?
          The lights you are referring to are fog lights and if you Pajero had these fitted from factory then these should have been transferred over when the bullbar was fitted.

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• kleinh17
            • Aug 2016
            • Germany

Not sure if and how they fit to NX models and in particular to this bullbar, however some guys here (Germany) have those and are quite happy - it is a foglight and DRL combo 2in1.

Oliver.
            Pajero V80 2016 (NX) 3.2 DiD, OME 914/918 springs with 90006/90033 shocks, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70R17, DIY side steps, Rhino Rack rails and Upracks roof rack, Darche HighView RTT, LED working lights, backdoor table (nothing wrong with me, Ronny)

Comment

• dhula
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • South of Perth

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
              My question would be why weren't they refitted once the bull bar was fitted? They would have been on the car before fitting the bull bar.
              Good Q, AFAIK the dealers put them in when they fit the bar. Couple of thoughts as to why they are not there; It's a GXL5 which AFAIK didn't have DRL/fog combo's, dealer was lazy, bar wasn't fitted by dealer and whoever did fit it was lazy.
              2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
              2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• hallph
                • Dec 2016
                • Tas

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                The lights you are referring to are fog lights and if you Pajero had these fitted from factory then these should have been transferred over when the bullbar was fitted.

OJ.

That's what I thought.. I purchased the car used just 2 weeks ago, it came like this so unless I can track down the dealer that did the install I'm probably out of luck? Can't find any documentation relating to the install of the alloy bullbar, Mitsubishi tow ball or roof racks so guessing they were added at purchase.

A bit annoying, but not the end of the world I suppose, just would be nice to have
                Last edited by hallph; 18-02-20, 03:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• pharb
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by dhula View Post
                  Good Q, AFAIK the dealers put them in when they fit the bar. Couple of thoughts as to why they are not there; It's a GXL5 which AFAIK didn't have DRL/fog combo's, dealer was lazy, bar wasn't fitted by dealer and whoever did fit it was lazy.
                  From the research I did before purchasing my 2015 NX GLX5 second hand I don't believe they had DRLs or foglights, and I have yet to find factory wiring in the front for DRLs or switch for fog lights.

But I also thought the GLX5 was discontinued in 2015.
                  PCOV Member 1107.
                  Daily driver NX GLX
                  Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                  Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                  Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• hallph
                    • Dec 2016
                    • Tas

Thanks all - will have to look into it further if it's worth the time/hassle/cost to install them.. would be nice to have though!

Comment

• Country Cruiser
                      • May 2019
                      • Adelaide

Have you got the 7 seat or 5 Seat Model?

I have a GLX5 that didn’t come with DRL/Fog and had black plastic inserts also. I picked up some assemblies from Gumtree and a loom from Ebay. The connector is behind the grille on the passenger side, connections to run the DRL are not in the connector so I had to wire myself.

Also had to replace the single fog light switch with a split front/rear switch and install a relay in the blank space in the engine bay. The switch is a straight swap and once installed all worked as it should.
                      2016 NX GLX5

MM Steel Bullbar, Cooper AT3 LT, DRL/Fog Retrofit, Safari Snorkel, TJM/Dobinsons Suspension, Rhino Pioneer Platform, GME TX3350 UHF, LRA 81L Aux Fuel Tank, Lightforce Striker 170, Dr Air ProFlow Compressor, 23 Zero Awning, Engel Combi, Lawson Infinity System, Half a tank of Diesel.

Comment

• Turorit
                        • Oct 2016
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Country Cruiser View Post

I have a GLX5 that didn’t come with DRL/Fog and had black plastic inserts also. I picked up some assemblies from Gumtree and a loom from Ebay. The connector is behind the grille on the passenger side, connections to run the DRL are not in the connector so I had to wire myself.

Also had to replace the single fog light switch with a split front/rear switch and install a relay in the blank space in the engine bay. The switch is a straight swap and once installed all worked as it should.

Where abouts did you source the split switch & relay? I'm looking to fill in the blank spot in my ARB Deluxe, possibly with the STEDI fog/drl combo.

Thanks
                        2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
                        --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• hallph
                          • Dec 2016
                          • Tas

Originally posted by Country Cruiser View Post

Yes it must be the GLX5 model with no lights. I'd be interested to hear more.
                          Did you fit yours into a bullbar like the Mitsubishi one I have on mine?
                          I have the switch in the dash just no driving lights

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X