X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookie
    • Feb 2008
    • Perth

When I jumped the car this morn the engine temp was 27 and the auto trans (FFD0) was 29. I sat there idling for a few minutes adding the 2nd trans temp (FFD8) so I could compare. Engine temp went up to about 39 while the trans temp stayed about the same, FFD8 was about 7 degrees higher. Starting driving to work and the trans temp started going up, FFD8 remained 7-8 degrees above FFD0. By the time I got to work, only 15 min, temps were as pic below.

Aft(deg) is FFD0, and AFT(2) is FFD8.
    So seems about right.

Dicko, is your output format 00? That changes the units so might be in Fahrenheit, just a guess? And did you use FFD0 or FFD8?

2014 NW GLX
    ----------------------------------------------
    Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

I used exactly as you posted in original screen shot. Driving around Cairns(30 degee cel) it is sitting on low 70,s is that about right?
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• cookie
        • Feb 2008
        • Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
        I used exactly as you posted in original screen shot. Driving around Cairns(30 degee cel) it is sitting on low 70,s is that about right?
        Yeah according to Jondalar's post above, 60-75 is what he sees for normal driving on his scangauge.
        2014 NW GLX
        Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by cookie View Post
          Yeah according to Jondalar's post above, 60-75 is what he sees for normal driving on his scangauge.
          Well I reckon I,m on the money.

Once again thanks.

Enjoy your trip..
          Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• geopaj
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by cookie View Post
            I think we've cracked it!!!

Mine arrived yesterday and had a quick play last night but no luck getting trans temp. The paperwork has a section on converting xgauge codes to mgauge but Xgauge doesn't have the rctrl/tctrl values. Flicked an email to ultragauge and got a reply back within 12 hrs and they said try the values that geopaj has listed above. So tying all that together I put the code in as in pic below and am now getting a value that looks right.
            I'm glad my research and theory (on the relationship between the Pajero and 200 LC codes) was helpful.

I must say, I didn't get to complete my post last night (thus my "More to follow..." statement) so I never expected to have provided enough information for someone to solve the puzzle.

WELL DONE COOKIE! Now to order mine
            Last edited by geopaj; 15-05-15, 09:57 PM.
            Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• cookie
              • Feb 2008
              • Perth

It was funny actually, a bit of an 'aha' moment. I was about to go to bed and saw a response from ultragauge for the rctrl/tctrl values and thought I'll give that a try tomorrow not being overly hopeful, I was pretty sure I had the rest of the xgauge conversion right. Then I quickly checked the forum and saw geopaj's research which had the same rctrl/tctrl values for the 200 series and I thought that has to be it! Supposed to be same/similar gearbox so make sense. Rushed out to the car to try and low and behold it works. Then I of course had to share my findings, so it ended up being a late night :-). Worth it though.
              2014 NW GLX

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

You all did well/ I have taken a photo and filed it away in Pajero booklet.

Reckon there will be a rush on ultragauges soon. The unit just presents the settings so much better than the scangauge in my opinion. That's why I upgraded to the MX rather than buy the scangauge. My old ultragauge is for sale..

cheers
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• geopaj
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Adelaide

Just purchased one - I went for the snail mail option - AU$130 including postage after the exchange to AU dollars.
                  Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

• Dankinny
                    • Dec 2013
                    • Camden

Well I got it working ! I have auto temp

Thanks geopaj and cookie

Really happy with the UltraGauge !
                    Attached Files
                    2009 NT GLS DiD
                    ARB colour coded bull bar , Warn Winch , 111w LED driving lights , Polaris GPS Head Unit , Uniden UH8080NB , Uniden UHF aerial , DVD Headrests , Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards , 50mm Lovells lift , ARB Dual battery tray , ARB Roof rails with custom roof rack, Narva LED Lightbar , Kimberley Kamper Platinum

Comment

• Roley
                      • Oct 2013
                      • Bedfordale Perth

Well done guys.
                      Been watching this thread with much interest, hoping that you could sort it out.
                      I new you would do it.

Will be ordering one very soon.

Dankinny is that the window mount that you purchase with the ultraguage?
                      Perfect position me thinks.
                      NT 2011 GLS, Firestone Airbags, Dual Batteries, Redarc SBI12 Isolator , BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Guards, Uniden UHF, Cooper ST MAXX 265/70/17, SPV Mk3.1, Rear Skid Plate, 28" Light Bar, Foxwing Awning, MX Ultraguage, Old Man Emu 2" Lift, Tracklander Roof Rack.

Comment

• Dankinny
                        • Dec 2013
                        • Camden

Originally posted by Roley View Post
                        Well done guys.
                        Been watching this thread with much interest, hoping that you could sort it out.
                        I new you would do it.

Will be ordering one very soon.

Dankinny is that the window mount that you purchase with the ultraguage?
                        Perfect position me thinks.
                        Hey Roley , yes it was the window mount from Ultra Gauge.
                        2009 NT GLS DiD
                        ARB colour coded bull bar , Warn Winch , 111w LED driving lights , Polaris GPS Head Unit , Uniden UH8080NB , Uniden UHF aerial , DVD Headrests , Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards , 50mm Lovells lift , ARB Dual battery tray , ARB Roof rails with custom roof rack, Narva LED Lightbar , Kimberley Kamper Platinum

Comment

• cookie
                          • Feb 2008
                          • Perth

I ordered mine with the horizontal surface mount. Seems pretty secure, comes with 3M tape on the back, has a good range of adjustment and a locking nut to secure in final position. Won't work with a dash mat though.

2014 NW GLX

Comment

• grhyso
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Perth

Good work guys, I'll have to order a new ultra gauge.

I have my current one fitted using the windscreen mount. now after 2 years it's starting to slide on the window from the weight ending up with the gauge leaning on the dash. I think I need to clean the window as there is some gunk built op now preventing the best seal.

Also as a side note DanKinny is your dashmat grey/charcoal or black? I want to get a dashmat and can't decide on which colour.
                            2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Dankinny
                              • Dec 2013
                              • Camden

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
                              Good work guys, I'll have to order a new ultra gauge.

I have my current one fitted using the windscreen mount. now after 2 years it's starting to slide on the window from the weight ending up with the gauge leaning on the dash. I think I need to clean the window as there is some gunk built op now preventing the best seal.

Also as a side note DanKinny is your dashmat grey/charcoal or black? I want to get a dashmat and can't decide on which colour.
                              Mine is grey
                              2009 NT GLS DiD

Comment

• geopaj
                                Valued Member
                                • Jul 2007
                                • Adelaide

Here's where I mounted my Ultragauge EM - double sided taped directly to the dash by the hazard light switch (switch can still be pressed, and once set up I've found that the Ultragauge menu buttons do not need to be accessible - if I ever want to read fault coses, I'll use by dedicated OBDII reader). The new MX will be going in the same place.

ps my dash mat is black
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by geopaj; 16-05-15, 06:29 PM.
                                Silver NT VRX Di-D

My Build Thread - HERE

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X