Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Mitsubishi News

Mitsubishi News Whats happening in the world of Mitsubishi.

Old 20-04-17
Valued Member

Default NT & NW Pajero - Front Airbag Inflator Recall

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...d-nt-nw-pajero

when will it ever end

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 21-04-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
Lol.
Isn't it obvious.

Every airbag that was made by that airbag manufacturer, over many years, needs to be recalled.

There just isnt enough replacements, so they are spacing out the recalls.

Imagine the amount of overreaction if they were honest and said , basically every car with this brand airbags for the last 10 years needs them replaced.

Or i could be wrong and it wasn't a design fault but because someone took a kitten to work one day and a few people were distracted, and they are diligently trying to find what vehicles may have had the kitten distracted airbags installed.

Matt
Old 02-05-17
Valued Member

Hmmm 4 more to go
NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC
Old 02-05-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewP View Post
Lol.
Isn't it obvious.

Every airbag that was made by that airbag manufacturer, over many years, needs to be recalled.

There just isnt enough replacements, so they are spacing out the recalls.

Imagine the amount of overreaction if they were honest and said , basically every car with this brand airbags for the last 10 years needs them replaced.

Or i could be wrong and it wasn't a design fault but because someone took a kitten to work one day and a few people were distracted, and they are diligently trying to find what vehicles may have had the kitten distracted airbags installed.

Matt
the other day driver seriously injured by airbag fragments ... so it's going to take more deaths before they recall them all

seriously sake ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 03-05-17
Valued Member

This might sound silly given the topic of airbags but I just wonder if it would be a better thing to disable the airbags for a short time while they built up a stockpile of replacements compared to leaving them in place and operational with the risk that when they go off the person sitting behind (or is that in front of) the airbag has a likelihood of being badly hurt by the very thing that is supposed to protect them.
Old 03-05-17
Valued Member

I am about to book my car for 75k service.
Will ask them to conduct airbags recall, if they don't have them, they can take them out then and install new ones when they become available, if they refuse then I will be asking them keep their IED (improvised explosive device) on wheels .... frikin muppets... I don't know about you guys, but I am not willing to drive my familly around in a gillotine on wheels waiting for silly thing to go off and decapitate someoene.

There is no point deactivating them as they can just go off anyway.
NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, towbar, spare tyre lift kit, Safari snorkel, Milford cargo barrier, "Bushskinz" and "Basha" bashplates, UHF, Air compressor, SPV EGR Mod, Rhino Pioneer platform, MM Towbar, Redarc TowPro brake controler, 2.5" lift kit by Ultimate Suspension, 265/70/17 BFG KO2 AT LT, Opposite Lock Bullbar, VRS winch, Lightforce Genesis LED driving lights.
Old 06-05-17

I agree its pretty poor form in taking so long to rectify this. Got my "Advance Customer Notification " letter last September. Since then nada. Can only
hope I'm wearing my saftey/driving glasses and they save my eyes if it goes off.

Cheers,
Jim.
Old 07-05-17
Valued Member

As it's a gov safety recall .. maybe time to ring the governer or send him an email and CC a copy to ACA ...

Old 10-05-17

Just got my Safety Recall 010121 (drivers front air bag) done at Nundah Mitsubishi here in Brisbane.
Young lady said parts are in but the calls aren't coming...
2011 NT Pajero GL Manual DiD White | Opposite Lock Post BullBar Black | Rydge Ryder 12000lb Winch | Milford Cargo Barrier | ProRack Bars & Rydge Ryder Awning | Roley's Rear Skid Plate | Bushskinz Set | Redarc sbi12d | Abber 55ltr water tank

Wish list: | Bushskinz Rock Sliders | Snorkel
http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...pictureid=4545
Old 10-05-17
Valued Member

Probably because Mitsubishi hasn't sent out recall letters yet!!!

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have even known there is a second airbag recall (driver's side then passenger's side)

| ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | airbags | Cooper AT3 LT's | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank in rear seat well | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: