• Show
Clear All
  • Mitsu07
    • Dec 2014
    • Central Cosst

Green Break Rd The Watagans

Hi

I meant Greens Break Road.

A while back someone said this was a fun track, it must have deteriorated. We went in from top down today. The start was not bad , but it got harder, several of the hard bits the car had a side ways roll, I was told a couple of times my right rear tyre had to be over metre of the ground, I hate that feeling. A couple of those sections you also risked sliding the side panel into a the side of the track with metre high side walls on the track. Towards the bottom of the track there is a chicken run as you would rip the back of your car taking the main track, I am guessing best part of a metre drop. An old Nissan with massive lift and massive tyres went up this section but his mate ina modified Hilux appeared to break a front drive shaft following him up. Even the chicken run was hairy, we took it easy but driving downhill, my car started to slide and even the guy in the big Nissan thought it was a smart move we secured the back of a car to a tree to stop it sliding and possibly rolling over. Then from there on the track is over grown and stuff scrapes on the car, lucky for us guys in front cleared it they cleared near 1.5 kms, plus two small fallen trees, then towards the end there is a massive I guess 1.5 metre diameter tree fallen across the track, guys had cut some of the top off it and we built up both sides with rocks, and wood. Lucky I had a spare side step at home because I took out my left side step. Funny enough, with a small amount of track maintenance this track would be fun. It is just the over growth still had to use car polish, regardless of the guys clearing what they could. I really think fixing up just a few short sections and it would be Pajero paradise. Risking panel damage the access to the chicken run bring so hairy combined with over growth on the bottom section took the fun out of it. Guys in older 4wds did not seem to mind sill and other panel damage and big scratches from over growth. It is just a shame there are so many comp truck sections up there on many of the tracks.

FYI, today the track was dry, over muddy bits down below, but the hairy bits I am sure a standard 4wd or even one with a coulee of inches lift would likely get damaged in this track.
    Last edited by Mitsu07; 14-02-16, 07:29 PM. Reason: Forgot weather conditions
    2inch lift Bilstein /Lovells, Safari Snorkel, MCC Steel Bar and Ironman 9500lbs winch.

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X