• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Burko
    • Sep 2013
    • Brisbane

Upgrade digital display possibilities?

Hi all,

Has anyone tried upgrading their in dash digital display? Are there any options for this? Thinking that if it could be linked to ecu then you could get fuel data and trip data. etc as well as different temps like trans and battery voltages.

Am I just dreaming that this would be a possibility?
    2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

2017 MQ GLS Triton Auto. Whispbar HD racks. EKO Canopy.
  • Easykill1978
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne Vic

aka say hello to the ultragauge.
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• Burko
      • Sep 2013
      • Brisbane

yes something like a scan gauge or ultra gauge except one that will work on an NM MUTT 11 system.

afik both of those use the OBD11 protocol.
      2001 NM 3.5 Exceed. Whisbar HD roof racks, UHF, HID spots, Elec brake control, air con control moved, K&N air filter. (SOLD )

Comment

• Easykill1978
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Melbourne Vic

Shop by department, purchase cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, cameras, baby items, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

one of these may work? i have not seen the adapter, never really had a good look at the one in my car.

Comment

• Steinzy
          • Oct 2012
          • Gold Coast QLD

A friend of mine has a 2011 triton and the RV Meter on that has fuel consumption data and a few more stats on trip ect. That might be cheap option if it talks to the ecu??
          Steinzy
          MY05 NP Pajero 3.2 Exceed

King Spings, Cooper AT3's

Comment

• Martin1994
            • Jan 2013
            • victoria

R.E

Like you a while back i looked at upgrading my factory clock to a digital display, however after looking into it a little i found the clock only requires 3 wires and the digital display requires around 40 and is linked to the air con etc. This was to much for me to manage so i gave up there however if you could get a point to point wiring harness it may be feasible. If you get it working i would love to hear about it as i love my gadgets.
            2013 NW DID Auto | Alloy Roof rack | 150Lpm Air compressor | TREDS | Dual battery | 40Ltr Engel
            2004 NP DID - GONE

Comment

• Burko
              • Sep 2013
              • Brisbane

Martin did you dig around behind dash for the loom. Most car manufactures only have one loom for each vehicle. they just use the bits they need for each model level. Chances are there is a 40 pin plug behind dash with your name on it.

Steinzy, that would be an OBD11 system. 01 3.5 has a MUTT.

Comment

• Martin1994
                • Jan 2013
                • victoria

Yeah Burko i dug around a bit but to no avail, i will have a look again tomorrow as its my RDO but all of the leads i could find joined the one wiring harness and headed down from where the CD stacker was and towards the firewall.
                2013 NW DID Auto | Alloy Roof rack | 150Lpm Air compressor | TREDS | Dual battery | 40Ltr Engel
                2004 NP DID - GONE

Comment

• Martin1994
                  • Jan 2013
                  • victoria

R.E

I can now confirm that my 04 np glx (built oct 03) does NOT have the required wiring. i pulled out most of the dash including clock/pocket, radio, ac controls, uhf and upper glove box.
                  My np has the old manual ac if yours has the digital controls (round dials) you may be in luck. However for me it would be improbable to retrofit one as i am missing lots of wiring/components and would have to swap over many components, not impossible but too much work and money for me.
                  2004 NP DID - GONE

Comment

• Burko
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Brisbane

Bugga, I honestly thought most car manufacturers only have one loom set for each vehicle.

I at least know the nissans and toyotas I have owned did. The 80 series had so many spare plugs it wasn't funny. Made adding your own kit a bit of a nightmare sometimes.

Comment

• Korvorka
                      • Feb 2009
                      • Ballarat Victoria australia 3356

Hi have a NM Exceed does any one know if the Triton display with the fuel and trip meter work? would love to upgrade

Comment

• Easykill1978
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • Melbourne Vic

as long as the wiring is there it should, and if it uses the same engine and its very close in years.. then it should as the ecu should be identical.

could allways resell it if it doesnt work.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X