• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craig-
    • Dec 2011
    • Adelaide

Long Range Tank

Hey guys, i was wondering if theres any way to put a long range tank or 2 in a swb pajero.. mine is 2 inch body lifted and 2 inch suspension lifted and i have noticed either side of the driveline towards the rear there is sooo much room up there.. i was wondering if anyones got some tanks made or anything fitted up there and used as an aux tank...

what i need to know is

1. use a tank out of something RWD and that runs a tank under the rear seats? so it has the small indent for the rear drive shaft.

2. use 2 approx 50L thin, slim, long tankes on either side between the drive shaft and each chassis rail

3. how do i run it so it can either suck from both or all 3 tanks similtaniously but also keep sucking fine as one tank emptys.. acting like one big tank (the plan is to make dual filler nozzles so i can use the one tank as i please) its carby atm so mech pump but may go to EFI soon so ill also have electronic pump on the cards

Any ideas and advice would be amazing, thanx
  • NF/NG_Pajero_wa
    • May 2011
    • Mukinbudin W.A

Hi mate you can buy after market long range tanks new for the gen1 Pajero lwb and swb not sure about a sub tank on the shorty though the twin filler can be brought from same people as long range fuel tanks so you can fill two from same fill point you would be very lucky to find one second hand but it's still worth trying unless you can fab up your own best of luck
    94 NJ Paj LWB 5spd, 2in king springs,torsion bars wound up & droop stops trimmed, alloy bullbar & side steps,full length steel roof rack ,Rally 1000's, 170 night stalkers h/light upgrade h4 replacement globes 55/100, rear work lights, Sony head unit, Uniden 40ch UHF, GME 80ch UHF, 27mhz AM SSB CB, 33' BFG a/t's on 15' 60ser L/Cruiser chrome rims, Snorkel rebuilt motor g/box & rear diff with auto lokka lot more to come

Comment

• Beer Baron
      • Jun 2011
      • Redbank Plains

Fuel tank capacity changes or fitting another tank must mod plated in qld so there are laws for this sort of thing. Check it out.
      86 NC SWB. Getting ready to tour The Cape.

Comment

• awbeattie381
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Inner West, Sydney

Might just be a qld thing though...they seem to be tough up there north of the border!
        Andrew
        1989 NG Superwagon V6
        2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
        1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• Beer Baron
          • Jun 2011
          • Redbank Plains

Originally posted by awbeattie381 View Post
          Might just be a qld thing though...they seem to be tough up there north of the border!
          Very true.

Craig, How many km's can you get from a tank at the moment ?
          86 NC SWB. Getting ready to tour The Cape.

Comment

• Craig-
            • Dec 2011
            • Adelaide

I dont know how many Kms at the moment.. because i only use it to go offroading.. but i know its apsoluitly shocking. litteraly like 20lts per 100 doing 100kms/h.. but doing 60-80 its about 13 per 100.. but then when i go offroad where i think its gonna suffer it uses bugger all.. i did the whole border track on about 18-20 ltrs.. and did the whole beachport to robe on only about 13 - 15ltrs..

i always carry jerry cans around just incase but i hate doing it, having them on the roof rack and its just annoying, would rather have 100 - 120 ltrs in the car down nice and low. i have +300kg leafs in the rear so itll handle the weight

Comment

• awbeattie381
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Inner West, Sydney

Your fuel consumption seems excessive! I was getting about 14L/100km in my old 2.6 wagon (fully loaded on a trip) and about 14.5L/100km in my V6 fully loaded on a trip!
              Andrew
              1989 NG Superwagon V6
              2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
              1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• Craig-
                • Dec 2011
                • Adelaide

Yep but dont worry guys!! just bought a turbo EFI motor for it so shell be good soon

Comment

• geopaj
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Adelaide

Hi,
                  Maybe get in contact with Scott ("nj swb"). He is a fellow Adelaidian and has got a 120ltr replacement tank in his gen 2 short wheel base.
                  If I remember correctly, he has a 2" body lift and had the tank made to take advantage of the extra space the body lift created.
                  I have a gen 2 long wheel base and was able to use a 'belly' replacement petrol tank (used when people remove the main tank to instal LPG) I bought second hand as an auxiliary tank giving me 150ltrs of fuel capacity (standard main with the 'belly' replacement tan). Is there something similar available for swb's??
                  Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Craig-
                    • Dec 2011
                    • Adelaide

yeh i dont really want to go spend like 500 - 600 bucks on a bigger tank.. id rather just get a 30 - 40ltr tank of something cheap and mount that under the side.. cheaper option for the one or 2 times i acctually need it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X