• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Karratha 6/3/16

Went out on my mate Ian's boat yesterday.
    Circled a bait ball for a while trolling lures, could even see the big fish swimming around, but there wasn't any real activity, no birds diving into the bait and no fish grabbing lunch. Nothing going for the lures either.

Thought I'd try a different lure after a while to see if that did any better and whilst winding it in I caught sight of the lure about 7-10m off the back of the boat and then all of a sudden BANG in comes a fish at lightning speed from the side and takes the lure!

Good fight for a couple of minutes, fortunately no sharks around, or none that got to it! I'd love to fight them longer but getting sharked is just way too likely. So after a few good runs I dragged him in.

110cm Spanish Mackerel, about 8kg. Yeah!!!!

Last edited by Alex86; 02-04-18, 01:34 PM.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

Beauty how far out do you go and did you catch anything else?
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Alex86
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Here and there

Not exactly sure how far out it was, a guess of about 20 miles from Dampier, up near Rosemary Island.

That was the only fish for the day. Another would have been great. We jumped into the water to look for some coral trout to spear but I think the fish were all having a long weekend too and had disappeared!
      '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
      Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Lost1
        • Dec 2013
        • Melbourne

Good fish. Pity his mates were having a day off.
        09 ML GLX-R 3.2L Manual. Bushskinz bash plates, 285/75x16 Kumho MT51 & 16x8 alloys, 3" exhaust, Dobinson MRR 2"lift, MCC Bar and Wheel Carrier, 12000lb ICM winch, Dual Batteries, Billet Turbo compressor upgrade, Brown and Davis LR tank.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X