• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete & Mon's NS
    Valued Member
    • May 2008
    • West Lakes - Adelaide, SA

Hi Andrew,

That wasn't the trip report! There will be one though once Cam gets back in a few days. Its not a trip report without photos. The one of a "wall of sand" about 2 stories high will "wow" people.

Regards

Peter
    | Gunmetal NS Exceed DiD with Dakar leather | Factory rear Diff Lock | Alloy Nudge Bar | MMCS | Moonroof | GME TX3440 | Custom rear Storage | Stebel Compact Air Horn |
    | Ford Focus XR5 Turbo in Electric Orange |

Comment

• drew4x4
      • Nov 2008

I'll be waiting with baited breath Peter!
      Andrew
      2008 NS Pajero LWB Platinum DID,
      -ARB Dual Battery-ARB Fridge-ARB Compressor-ARB Rear Locker-OME 2"Lift -ARB Deluxe Bar-9000lb Warn Winch-Safari Snorkel-Aux Fuel Tank-IPF Driving Lights-Uniden UHF-Rhino Full length Roof Rack-Iron Man Awning-Diff breathers-Jayco Expanda Outback

Comment

• whatsupkramer
        • Sep 2007
        • Muswellbrook

Originally posted by jmi View Post

Thats my $1 worth.

Josh
        Josh,

I know that times have changed but I did not know that 2c became a $1 already?

I have only taken the NM on Stockton, I would like to give the NS a go over Christmas. It will be interesting.

Chris
        2008 NS 25th Anniversary 3.2L Auto - Mickey Thompson Baja STZ 265/60R18, Tow Bar, ARB Saraha Bar, Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport 2" lift.
        Limited Edition Mighty Bulloak Camper Trailer - All mods including a 2" lift.

Comment

• drew4x4
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by whatsupkramer View Post
          Josh,

I have only taken the NM on Stockton, I would like to give the NS a go over Christmas. It will be interesting.

Chris
          That's only 90c, if you allow for GST!
          Andrew
          2008 NS Pajero LWB Platinum DID,
          -ARB Dual Battery-ARB Fridge-ARB Compressor-ARB Rear Locker-OME 2"Lift -ARB Deluxe Bar-9000lb Warn Winch-Safari Snorkel-Aux Fuel Tank-IPF Driving Lights-Uniden UHF-Rhino Full length Roof Rack-Iron Man Awning-Diff breathers-Jayco Expanda Outback

Comment

• CeeJay
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2008
            • Samford, QLD

Guys, just back from Fraser (pics to follow later). Happy to report that (as this was our first proper beach trip in the NS) that 4HC with ASC off all the way worked a treat, only required 4LC 3 times in short bursts in the deep soft stuff, tyres at 16psi, and didn't get bogged once the truck ran a treat, even in the rough northern forest tracks. VV happy with the performance compared to the Challenger (and the comfort!!). Charlie

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• Jeff_P
              • Sep 2007
              • Eyre Peninsula

This works for me as well, <20psi, ASC off and momentum in soft sand. Pity turning ASC off doesn't turn off the backseat driver giving directions go that way, no over there, no go that way........
              Jeff
              Lightforce Blitz 170s

Adventure Grand Tourer offroad Campertrailer

Comment

• Kemsley
                • Apr 2008
                • Brisbane

The real key is to let down the tyres, keep up the momentum and be smooth with the inputs, no sharp turns etc.

I used to have a NS X DiD Shorty
                Now I drive a VW Amarok

Comment

• stevenbowden
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Bundaberg

Well I got the paj sandy on the break at Bribie Island and it went well. Let the OE tyres down to 20psi, 4Hlc and ASC off and it didn't miss a beat. It handled the soft stuff pretty well and didn't sould like it was labouring at all.

Steve
                  Cool Silver 25th Anniversary Edition Diesel Auto, ARB Bullbar, GME TX3440 UHF, Sandgrabbers, Raw 4x4 Suspension + Firestone Airbags, Airtec Snorkel, TJM IBS Dual Battery System, BushSkinz Intercooler/Sump/Transmission/Transfer Bash Plates & Side Steps, LRA 58lts Aux Tank, 17" ROH RTX with Bridgestone D697LT's + Australian Off Road Campers Quantum! Read about our Adventures HERE!

Comment

• whatsupkramer
                    • Sep 2007
                    • Muswellbrook

Had fun yesterday at 7 mile beach near Forster, took the NS and the NM on the beach for a drive. Missus and me in the NS and the brother in law and girlfriend in the NM. I was getting a bit bored following the track and headed towards the beach to run along near the waters edge. As it started to get a bit soft I tried to head back to the track but started to sink. Managed to back the NS out and started to follow my tracks back out to where I came off the track but sunk down. After trying to rock back and forward to get out it only dug me in further. Soon the NS was sitting on the chassis and when ever I tried to go anywhere the only thing that moved was the suspension down!.

Got the Brother In law to come back with the NM and stay on the track with the snatch strap. Lucky the 20m strap was able to reach the NS. This is the first time that we ever needed to use it so it was a novelty in itself. Once we got the action right it took too snatches and the NS was free...

I was glad that I threw the recovery kit in and had my other paj there to pull it out. There was a NP in the same crew with us but the Father inlaw did not want it to get dirty.

Photo Comment "Josh, Whats Dad Doing?"

Chris
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by whatsupkramer; 04-01-09, 09:56 PM.
                    2008 NS 25th Anniversary 3.2L Auto - Mickey Thompson Baja STZ 265/60R18, Tow Bar, ARB Saraha Bar, Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport 2" lift.
                    Limited Edition Mighty Bulloak Camper Trailer - All mods including a 2" lift.

Comment

• Proudy
                      • Jul 2007

ow - thats close to the water !
                      NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

• jmi
                        • Oct 2007
                        • Whyalla, SA

It was getting pretty long winded so i decided to jack it up to $1 chris

Originally posted by whatsupkramer View Post
                        Josh,

Chris
                        * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                        * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                        * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                        * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                        * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                        * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X