• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bstein
    • Mar 2016
    • Norway

iCarsoft I909

If anyone is looking for a fault code reader/ereaser, I just got the iCarsoft i909 and I am pleased.

I just used it to delete an SRS airbag code (stupid me put on the ignition with dashboard apart = passenger airbag lamp disconnected = fault code) and a brake sensor code. Worked fine. Price is good aswell, same price as my Mitsu dealer charges me for one code read/erease.
  • 122andy
    • Aug 2016
    • United States

Originally posted by bstein View Post
    If anyone is looking for a fault code reader/ereaser, I just got the iCarsoft i909 and I am pleased.

I just used it to delete an SRS airbag code (stupid me put on the ignition with dashboard apart = passenger airbag lamp disconnected = fault code) and a brake sensor code. Worked fine. Price is good aswell, same price as my Mitsu dealer charges me for one code read/erease.
    I picked up one for my US version 2002 Montero(Pajero) 3.5 v6. It would only read OBDII and not read any of the SRS, ABS, AT, 4wd etc. I found a base model 2000 Mirage to try it on and it did read the SRS. So apparently the software doesn't support a US version 2002 Montero even tho they claim it does. After talking with the guy I bought it from he says they have run into these "holes" in the software from time to time. Bummer. I also contacted icarsoft tech support but the language barrier made it near impossible, they werent listening to what I was telling them, canned responses, etc.

While this was on a US vehicle, everything older than 2005 was grouped together. So I'm not sure if it will or won't work on pre 2005 Aussie model Pajero.

Comment

• Axis
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2011
      • Highett Vic

Originally posted by 122andy View Post
      While this was on a US vehicle everything older than 2005 was grouped together. So I'm not sure if it will or won't work on pre 2005 Aussie model Pajero.
      In Australia OBDII are only NS pajero on.
      07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Fritterbug
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Brisbane

Would you still recommend one of these?
        How is the build quality?
        When you cleared the airbag light did it tell you the actual code or just cleared it?

I did email icarsoft direct but never received a reply. That was over one month ago.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
        MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• Fritterbug
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Fritterbug View Post
          Would you still recommend one of these?
          How is the build quality?
          When you cleared the airbag light did it tell you the actual code or just cleared it?

I did email icarsoft direct but never received a reply. That was over one month ago.

To answer my own questions.
          Build quality is great
          It tells you what the codes are in one section and clears them in another. So you can choose to read the code before you clear it.
          Never did get a reply from icarsoft

MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• jimcarr2008
            • Jul 2017
            • brisbane

So this will work on a NM pajero in australia????? the icarsoft i909 which they say is for Mazda and Mit

Comment

• Fritterbug
              Valued Member
              • May 2013
              • Brisbane

The buyer I got mine from on eBay checked with their supplier before they sent it to ensure it would work for my NW.

On mine it gives 3 menu options initially. All area before 2005
              All area before 2014
              All area before 2017

However I don't think the NM is OBD2 compliant so I doubt it would work.

I've tried mine on three Pajeros. All diesel. My NW, an early NX and an NT. Worked fine on the first two but wouldn't work on the NT.
              MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X