• Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

The Mighty Murchison

Well, my take on it anyway:

First up, some detail on the Murchison River: Murchison River - Wikipedia And so it was that I had to look after my daughter in the Apri...
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • Pajaru
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Perth

Looks good, some very nice pics there.
    Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
    To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• bok
      • Mar 2014
      • Blue mountains

What a great trip you and your family had by the pictures you have shown.thats one that will you will have memories for.

Phil

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

Great write up Shane. just a question about your power setup in the car. What size auxiliary battery do you run? I'm amazed you were able to run for so long with the solar, very impressive.
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Onslow
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2007
          • Perth, Western Australia

It was good to catch up Shane, a pity that we couldn't stay for longer. Maybe we need to do a Forum Murchison trip and get across the river and away from the busy camping areas - there are some interesting spots across there and you will have no problem taking the Ulti in there either.
          NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• Matatak
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2008
            • Perth

Awesome write up.

Seems like a good way to spend 8 days to me.

I only got away from Thursday night to Sunday myself, but better then nothing.
            05 NP DiD Auto. 265/75R16, OME Suspension, ARB Dlx B/Bar, Warn Zeon 10-S, IPF HID's, Rear Drawer Setup, Pioneer Platform Rack, ARB 78l Fridge, GME TX3520SW UHF.

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
              just a question about your power setup in the car. What size auxiliary battery do you run? I'm amazed you were able to run for so long with the solar, very impressive.
              80Ah in the car, 200 in the Ulti. I had 2 x 120watt panels, one for the car, one for ulti.

The 47Ah in/16Ah out I measured was the ulti. The car would have had the same input but I suspect 1/2 the output IE around 8Ah. This was measured over about a 7 hour period.

A 120W panel in reasonable conditions is more than ample for most peoples usage. Add a bit of cloud though and you may need to go 160 or greater. But I had a genny for backup just in case.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
                Maybe we need to do a Forum Murchison trip and get across the river and away from the busy camping areas - there are some interesting spots across there and you will have no problem taking the Ulti in there either.
                Sounds good to me. I stumbled across this interesting blog by Hal (owner of BW tackle/Hiuband of Lisa, police minister)today:

A good read and shows what it may be like getting from MHS to Steep.

Bet the boating up at Shark bay was average. Seemed very blowy at kalbarri.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Matatak View Post
                  Awesome write up.

Seems like a good way to spend 8 days to me.
                  Thanks Matt. BTW I power tested my CF25 in the car. At home in my usual testing it used 11Ah. In the back of the car, it used 33Ah over 24 hours. Threefold my home test. Mind you, the back of the car had a min ambient of 27, a max of 41.

My Journeys

Comment

• grhyso
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                    Thanks Matt. BTW I power tested my CF25 in the car. At home in my usual testing it used 11Ah. In the back of the car, it used 33Ah over 24 hours. Threefold my home test. Mind you, the back of the car had a min ambient of 27, a max of 41.
                    Ouch, that's a huge difference!
                    2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Nik
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • Perth

Fantastic write up as always Shane Reminds me I should do one on the trip Onslow and I just did to Shark Bay. More boating than 4wding but great trip and managed day heading up to the Point Peron.
                      2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• Goodsy
                        Who ya gunna call....
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Hervey Bay

Great write up Shane. One day we will venture over your side of the country.
                        .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                          • May 2009
                          • Perth

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                          Great write up Shane. One day we will venture over your side of the country.
                          Bring your MuttIII with ya, I need it atm

My Journeys

Comment

• mudlova
                            • May 2015
                            • australia

Just read this awesome post and your blog you put up Shane ( I must say you have the best name, hopefully not after the movie lol). Myself and my wife have been looking at doing a trip to the Murchison and staying at the station with our camper. I will be showing her your blog and hopefully we can do it during one of the school holidays this year with our 2 children.

Cheers Shane ( and yep I'm named after that movie lol )
                            No longer own a Pajero

Comment

• sharkcaver
                              • May 2009
                              • Perth

Originally posted by mudlova View Post
                              Just read this awesome post and your blog you put up Shane ( I must say you have the best name, hopefully not after the movie lol). Myself and my wife have been looking at doing a trip to the Murchison and staying at the station with our camper. I will be showing her your blog and hopefully we can do it during one of the school holidays this year with our 2 children.

Cheers Shane ( and yep I'm named after that movie lol )

The campground is very basic but you pay accordingly. I've been there twice now, the second time can be read here:

Wednesday 8th - Thursday 16th April, 2015 So with Easter now done, its a day at home to pack the camper and take the little one back to Mu...

I so much want to get onto the other side, but solo with an 8 year old daughter in tow, it isn't going to happen.

Oh and yeah: Shane, come back Shane......How I bloody hate that (and my parents for watching that movie pre my birth )

I even got it as a dvd birthday present from one of them a few years back

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X