• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SparkyDav
    • Aug 2013
    • Roxby Downs, SA

Introducing... ME! haha

Hi folks, as a newbie to this page I thought Id introduce myself.
    My name is Davin and Ive been living in Roxby Downs, SA for about 8 years now. Am an Electrician working at Olympic Dam Mine.
    A couple weeks ago I purchased my first Mitsubishi- A 1996 NK 3.5L Auto. Its got 197*** on the clock. It cost me $5500 from a dealer and came with 12 month warranty, dual batteries, TJM alloy roof rack, TJM bull bar, and cargo barrier. Also has a set of BF Goodrich A/Ts on it (15x 30.5"). Im not sure about the suspension tho, maybe it has had a coil upgrade as it seems very high but feels incredibly stable on the road and tracks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	992907

Name:	IMG_0438.jpg
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	992908
    Have already had to replace both batteries. In the near future I plan to move the cargo barrier further forward so it sits closer to the backside of the rear seats then make my own rear storage units which will have a drawer or two and will be based on the two WAECO CF-18s I have. So also I will need to install additional additional 12v outlets there aswell. ( I do like the box in this feed: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=33126). Will be installing a UHF next week (next days off), i have got a GME TX3345 which I think will be good as I can hide the main unit and only have the handpiece exposed. Also plan to put a pair of HID spotties on the bull bar and a LED bar separately switched so is for Offroad use only. Some general LED field lights mounted around the roof rack is also on the cards as we have a nasty habit of setting up camp in the dark.

In the past ive had a HJ61 TD landcruiser (was a lemon) and still have my Daihatsu Feroza which has been my pride and joy for 8 years now and can be seen on the WARFS.org forum.

So far the family and I are really enjoying the Paj and plan on keeping it for many years to come.
    Thanks for reading, I have been a fan of joining forums for a while now and Hope to learn alot from this one.
    1996 NK 3.5L Auto

Dual Batteries, heavy Springs, GME UHF, ARB steel Winch Bar, Grande 12000lb winch & Korr LED spot lights from Supercentre, 20in Tigerz11 Lightbar, 2x3m Awning, GLS 16"alloys wrapped in Hercules TeraTrac R/S, LRA 50L aux & 150L tank.
    Shortened TJM alloy rack to allow Tent on the rear.

Next: install rear storage, fridge slide & work light. Also install Air Compressor & tank.
  • captain_paj
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • Logan QLD

Love the colour mate!

kms are good - wish mine were that low!

Hang around this forum - there's a lot of really good info and the people are great.

I wish you years of happy 4wding!
    1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• Extremeautomarine
      • Jun 2012
      • Adelaide

Looks mad as mate... Hopefully see you out on the tracks one day soon.
      www.extremeautomarine.com.au
      NL 3.5 Pajero, 33 inch federals, tough dog susp, 2 inch lift, airbags,evaKOOL fridge, inverter, solar panel, roof tent, roof lights, full audio system, 3 amps tv,DVD headrests UHF, JVC nav, mudmaps, r,camera,Bluetooth, light force pro series hid 70w aurora LED Bar, tri battery system, tigerz11 winch, foxwing,rebuilt engine, new exhaust, new alternator rewound, new radiator, new pulleys, new water pump, dual volt meters, led dash,
      Safari snorkel, dual fuel tanks

Comment

• bigchris.nk.pajero
        • Mar 2013
        • mirboo north

Originally posted by NK Pajero Newbie View Post
        Hi folks, as a newbie to this page I thought Id introduce myself.
        My name is Davin and Ive been living in Roxby Downs, SA for about 8 years now. Am an Electrician working at Olympic Dam Mine.
        A couple weeks ago I purchased my first Mitsubishi- A 1996 NK 3.5L Auto. Its got 197*** on the clock. It cost me $5500 from a dealer and came with 12 month warranty, dual batteries, TJM alloy roof rack, TJM bull bar, and cargo barrier. Also has a set of BF Goodrich A/Ts on it (15x 30.5"). Im not sure about the suspension tho, maybe it has had a coil upgrade as it seems very high but feels incredibly stable on the road and tracks.

[ATTACH]20199[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20200[/ATTACH]
        Have already had to replace both batteries. In the near future I plan to move the cargo barrier further forward so it sits closer to the backside of the rear seats then make my own rear storage units which will have a drawer or two and will be based on the two WAECO CF-18s I have. So also I will need to install additional additional 12v outlets there aswell. ( I do like the box in this feed: http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=33126). Will be installing a UHF next week (next days off), i have got a GME TX3345 which I think will be good as I can hide the main unit and only have the handpiece exposed. Also plan to put a pair of HID spotties on the bull bar and a LED bar separately switched so is for Offroad use only. Some general LED field lights mounted around the roof rack is also on the cards as we have a nasty habit of setting up camp in the dark.

In the past ive had a HJ61 TD landcruiser (was a lemon) and still have my Daihatsu Feroza which has been my pride and joy for 8 years now and can be seen on the WARFS.org forum.

So far the family and I are really enjoying the Paj and plan on keeping it for many years to come.
        Thanks for reading, I have been a fan of joining forums for a while now and Hope to learn alot from this one.
        Welcome mate you won't be disappointed with the forum, the guys on here are geniouses( unlike my spelling) and have helped me a lot.
        And you got a heaps better deal than my nk , good work looks good.

Have fun trekkin
        Chris

Comment

• Goodsy
          Who ya gunna call....
          • Dec 2010
          • Hervey Bay

G'day. Noice PJ you have picked up there. And using it.
          Welcome to the forum.
          .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• SparkyDav
            • Aug 2013
            • Roxby Downs, SA

Yeah Cheers guys.

I have alot of great tracks and destinations basically at my door step.
            Photos above are from on the `goat track' that leads from Adamooka around the top edge of Lake Torrens and into Farina (ruins) which is where we camped for the weekend with mates.
            Also William Creek, Lake Eyre, Cooper Creek Crossing on the Birdsville Track are all within a morning tour out of Roxby Downs. Obviously Ive done it all before but not a Paj and deffinately not in an Auto. This is my first auto 4wd and already it has me wondering why I didnt do it earlier!!!

After Summer I have plans to the across the Simmo (cant wait!)

Originally posted by captain_paj View Post
            Love the colour mate!

!
            Yep thanks Cap- the paint looks like its been either professionally resprayed recently or its been in a garage all its life.
            1996 NK 3.5L Auto

Dual Batteries, heavy Springs, GME UHF, ARB steel Winch Bar, Grande 12000lb winch & Korr LED spot lights from Supercentre, 20in Tigerz11 Lightbar, 2x3m Awning, GLS 16"alloys wrapped in Hercules TeraTrac R/S, LRA 50L aux & 150L tank.

Next: install rear storage, fridge slide & work light. Also install Air Compressor & tank.

Comment

• kevbhoy
              • Apr 2012
              • werribee vic

go the nk,s

Comment

• ARGS
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2012
                • Brisbane

Looking good mate! Good old warfs hey? I used to be on there a lot when i had my Rocky!
                1995 GLS 3.5, optioned to the shhizam with just couple of mods

Comment

• SparkyDav
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Roxby Downs, SA

Hey Args,

depending on when you were on Warfs last you might recognise this...?

Name:	364_30200521107_1084_n.jpg
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	967329

She has a few extra dents in it now tho.
                  1996 NK 3.5L Auto

Comment

• Hunty
                    • Jun 2010
                    • Adelaide

Gday Devin . Heaps of info in this forum!

Did you find a rear windscreen for ya Paj?
                    Adventure b4 Dementure

Comment

• SparkyDav
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Roxby Downs, SA

Originally posted by Hunty View Post
                      Gday Devin . Heaps of info in this forum!

Did you find a rear windscreen for ya Paj?

Yes mate. My local bloke ordered one under Insurance. The new glass is here and was supposed to be installed monday but he had to bolt interstate for a week for family reasons. Try again next week. (as a cash job he quoted 180 + 60 to fit- not bad!)
                      1996 NK 3.5L Auto

Comment

• SparkyDav
                        • Aug 2013
                        • Roxby Downs, SA

Yew Beauty- New glass is in and the next fishing trip is booked.

Cant wait for next fortnight!
                        1996 NK 3.5L Auto

Comment

• SparkyDav
                          • Aug 2013
                          • Roxby Downs, SA

Just got back from taking it on a first (for me with this car) beach run at the wonderful Clare Bay around on the Aussie Bite.
                          Must say I was very impressed at its handling of the sandhills and beaches. Only Improvement perhaps would be to have a set of fatter tyres at hand for next trip.

Only one question... is it normal for it to burn soo much engine oil? new oil before the trip, returned from the 1600km trip with the level just below the low notch on the dipstick. She did work hard on the beach.
                          Attached Files
                          1996 NK 3.5L Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X