Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Hot Spots > Hot Spots: NSW

Old 14-09-12

Default BENDETHRA South Coast NSW

Hi guys

Am looking to head down to Bendethra over the long weekend, and was wondering if any one who has been there can indicate the overall difficulty of the trip, and severity of the river crossings?

cheers
few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 14-09-12
Valued Member

Haven't been there for a few years but if your coming in from Moruya it's an easy run, I've towed my camper in that way every time with no problems. The river crossing just before the main camping area was only about a foot deep, but I have seen pictures from last summer where it looked probably two or three feet deep, but it's a nice flat pebble base.
There is no real difficult bits it's just quite steep and you'll need low range but the road surface is pretty good, no bad ruts or rough bits

Last edited by brett; 14-09-12 at 10:44 PM.
Old 15-09-12

cheers for the feedback
few months old, Tough Dog shocks, GQ Coils in the rear, Torsion Bar wound, Maxxis bighorn 32" 764....
Sales Manager Sydney City Mitsubishi
Member of Triple Diamond 4WDClub NSW
~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 15-09-12
Valued Member

Last time I was down that way it was pretty easy going. Good condition fire trails just really steep. Can get a little interesting in the wet though!!

Its a little bit more interesting exiting to the west. You should do that on your way home and stop in at the big sink hole!
1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan
Old 21-09-12

If you are towing then the parks service like you to go in via Moruya. To that end they have altered some of the steep parts on the Bendethra trail, where it was the most fun when wet. Apparently they don't want you towing coming in via Snowball or the other "tougher" fire trails. This is an attempt to reduce track damage. If dry soft roaders have no problem getting in.
The river is not very deep most of the time. I have only been there once when it was coming over the bonnet on one crossing, and that was always the deepest one anyway.

I'll be down there myself over the school holidays. Great place to let the kids run about for a few days.

Oh yeah, national forest so BYO firewood. the rangers do visit on long weekends in my experience.

Rob