X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • laidlaym
    • Feb 2008

Gen 3/4 Towbar Interchangeability

I have an NM with towbar but the inner tube is rusted into the outer tube, I don't think they are ever going to separate. This affects the departure angle and sets some trailers at the wrong ball height so I want to fix this.

If I go to Pick-a-part do I get a bar of any Gen 3 or Gen 4 or do I have to be fussy?

Mark in Research
    Mark in Research
    NM GLX Manual 4M41 with clean ashtray and 2 DIN ICE
  • gazza11
    • Aug 2017
    • Medowie NSW

Get the correct model bar for your model. Different model tow bars could have different weight restrictions.
    NT Pajero Exceed-factory tow bar and nudge bar-Provent 200 catch can-Michelin LTX Force tyres-DBA slotted front rotors-Bendix 4x4 Pads-Sheep Skin front seat covers.

Comment

• Peterng
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Northern Rivers NSW

I had the same problem when I got back from the NT...
      I though the inner tube had seized...but with a heap of WD..plus one heavy short handled sledgie...coupled with a bit of elbow grease, some skinned knuckles and a liberal dose of swearing...
      The inner tube put up a good fight..
      It came out...eventually..
      I lanoline the holder reguarly now..

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by laidlaym View Post
        I have an NM with towbar but the inner tube is rusted into the outer tube, I don't think they are ever going to separate. This affects the departure angle and sets some trailers at the wrong ball height so I want to fix this.

If I go to Pick-a-part do I get a bar of any Gen 3 or Gen 4 or do I have to be fussy?

Mark in Research

Innox, patience, more Innox and a big hammer is your friend. And as Peter says regular removal and Lanoline is your friend after.

I didn't need the hammer/

I leave the recovery hitch in permanently as I know longer tow.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X