• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • my.paj
    • Dec 2010
    • Tullamarine

my.paj NP build

Yeah I brought another Pajero.
    This time a NP Exceed 3.5 petrol (petrol again).
    I have decided that I don't need to drive around in a super lifted modded Paj as I mostly drive to and from work and go fishing.
    I would love a later model diesel but just cant do it yet so will keep going on the petrol and may convert to gas but need to research that first.
    The NP has some sort of after market suspension (lifted) but other than that its stock, it drives well and has plenty of reg and came with a road worthy, that means I don't have to do all the work
    Thinking on bull bar, under body protection, AT tyres, and maybe a snorkel.

Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
    New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

• my.paj
    • Dec 2010
    • Tullamarine

First question, with traction control mine does not have a switch so to my understanding if I want to turn it off do I need to remove the ABS fuse ?????
    Also tested it out last night with opposing wheels off the ground (kinda) ad it just drove through it
    Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***

Comment

• Herman4x4
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2009
      • Melton, Victoria

Looks nice and clean.
      Cheers,
      Andrew.
      Cheers,
      Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
      Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• TC.Barky
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2011
        • Melbourne

MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
        Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Nab
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Perth

Originally posted by my.paj View Post
          First question, with traction control mine does not have a switch so to my understanding if I want to turn it off do I need to remove the ABS fuse ?????
          Correct. But expect the dash lights to play up and do weird things. I experimented with mine and after a while the lights just stayed on solid. Obviously the ABS won't work so keep that in mind in case you forget to plug it back in on the drive home...

But I can't think of any reason to turn it off, except to have a fang haha!
          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

That will do you .What about putting it on gas?
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

Also tested it out last night with opposing wheels off the ground (kinda) ad it just drove through it
              3.5L didn't have traction control. This came in with the drive by wire 3.8L around build date oct 2003.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• my.paj
                • Dec 2010
                • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                3.5L didn't have traction control. This came in with the drive by wire 3.8L around build date oct 2003.
                It has traction control but no Active stability control as that was on the 3.2 and 3.8 as I think they both had drive by wire.

Comment

• my.paj
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Nab View Post
                  Correct. But expect the dash lights to play up and do weird things. I experimented with mine and after a while the lights just stayed on solid. Obviously the ABS won't work so keep that in mind in case you forget to plug it back in on the drive home...

But I can't think of any reason to turn it off, except to have a fang haha!
                  I was thinking mainly for muddy slippery tracks and sand but need to try see how it reacts.
                  Where is the fuse ?

Comment

• my.paj
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Tullamarine

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                    That will do you .What about putting it on gas?
                    Dave
                    Will look at some prices options over the next few days.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
                      Yeah turns out some 3.5 NPs have traction control (but not ASC as can't work with cable throttle) I thought it was weird too but did some reading and yup it was an option
                      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• my.paj
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Tullamarine

Just noticed this but there dont seem to be any air bags other that the one's up front ( steering wheel etc)

Comment

• shemdeb
                          • Mar 2011
                          • Geelong, Victoria

Nice looking unit, Congrats
                          NK 3.5 l dohc gls manual, Dual battery, Winch, Reverse Camera, Lots of wear and tear, Slow leak in right hand rear tyre.

NT 3.2 l MY09 DiD gls auto, Dual Battery,ARB Winch Bar (winch to come) Reverse Camera, Roof Racks with "Thule" pod, Airbag suspension, Fridge Slide, Fridge, UHF, Bush Skinz, Anderson plug.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                            Valued Member
                            • Oct 2011
                            • Melbourne

Just noticed this but there dont seem to be any air bags other that the one's up front ( steering wheel etc)

My understanding is that if they've got that tag it means they are inbuilt into the seat. This is why you have to have compatible seat covers that either have no sides or have a split in them

Comment

• my.paj
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Tullamarine

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                              My understanding is that if they've got that tag it means they are inbuilt into the seat. This is why you have to have compatible seat covers that either have no sides or have a split in them
                              That could explain why that material on the side feels funny (soft kinda)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X