X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • abw
    • Aug 2013
    • Sydney

Congrats on the purchase...that's an awesome looking Paj!

As someone else suggested, join a local 4WD club where they'll provide training (and minimise to possibility of doing damage to your pride and joy). And you'll get tips on what gear to buy and how to use them.

Enjoy!
    was Pajero NS 2008

now GU Patrol

Comment

• Corker
      • Aug 2014
      • Victoria

Cheers ABW, I have only done 30km and was just reading about running it in. I plan on taking it for a spin soon, maybe grab some lunch down at Portsea.

From my reading running it in consists of:
      1) Warming the engine up.
      2) Avoid constant speeds and short trips.
      3) Drive it normally though not too softly.

I want to to a proper quality fit out on this 4WD, so far leaning towards a few options mentioned above.

Yes, want to learn the ropes as best I can!

Thanks for the tips.
      Sliver 2014 Pajero Exceed NW: ARB Deluxe Bar, Hayman Reese tow bar, EFS Elite Shocks 40mm Lift HD Springs, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Bash plates, MM Steel Rims, Dueller 697 A/T, ICOM IC-440N UHF, RFI CDQ 8000, Sandgrabba mats, Drifta Draws, MSA drop down slide/Cargo barrier, Quattro Elite 55W HID, MaxTrax, Ironman 12,000 lb Winch, Prodidgy P3 Controller, Redarc Manager 30, Dual battery

Comment

• TC.Barky
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2011
        • Melbourne

Just thought of an important mod for you to do early. Do some reading on EGR blanking and the benefits. Can physically blank it or use the electronic modification from SPV industries. Will prolong the life of the engine, give you better economy etc etc
        MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
        Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Corker
          • Aug 2014
          • Victoria

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
          Just thought of an important mod for you to do early. Do some reading on EGR blanking and the benefits. Can physically blank it or use the electronic modification from SPV industries. Will prolong the life of the engine, give you better economy etc etc
          Cheers TC, Looks like a worth while mod to do while the engine is clean, I already have an interest in the chip as I spoke to someone on Friday while at my mechanic who highly recommended them..

Took it for a spin (freeway and coast road), did not take me long to get the hang of it, very surprised at the power it had for a heavy 4 cylinder!

The Gal gave it a huge thumbs up too, actually preferred driving it over my Outback.

Extremely happy so far!
          Last edited by Corker; 09-08-14, 04:40 PM.
          Sliver 2014 Pajero Exceed NW: ARB Deluxe Bar, Hayman Reese tow bar, EFS Elite Shocks 40mm Lift HD Springs, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Bash plates, MM Steel Rims, Dueller 697 A/T, ICOM IC-440N UHF, RFI CDQ 8000, Sandgrabba mats, Drifta Draws, MSA drop down slide/Cargo barrier, Quattro Elite 55W HID, MaxTrax, Ironman 12,000 lb Winch, Prodidgy P3 Controller, Redarc Manager 30, Dual battery

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X