• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VRXMAN
    • Mar 2011
    • Croydon

Date of new Pajero?

Hi all! Just joined the forum and is my first post. Just sold my Patrol and looking at buying a new Pajero! I do like the NT but the shape has been out since 2006. Just wondering if anybody knows if there is a new model coming out as I would rather wait a bit longer to see what it looks like before I make my decision?
    Last edited by VRXMAN; 09-04-11, 11:05 PM.
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Welcome to our site VRXMAN, but you know as much as we do.

What makes you want to change from your Nissan, to a Paj?? Apart from not wanting to pay heaps more for the new model Patrol.
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by VRXMAN View Post
      Hi all! Just joined the forum and is my first post. Just sold my Patrol and looking at buying a new Pajero! I do like the NT but the shape has been out since 1996. Just wondering if anybody knows if there is a new model coming out as I would rather wait a bit longer to see what it looks like before I make my decision?
      1996?

NS/NT is a different shape, interiors different. around 3 or 4 years old
      SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Sandgroper
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Perth

I think he means the NM shape from 2000 on. The NP was the same and the NS and NT are very similar too.

Sandgroper.
        NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

• VRXMAN
          • Mar 2011
          • Croydon

Sorry meant 2006 instead of 1996! (Few to many drinks). Had the patrol for only 4 months. Made a mistake as i really didnt like driving it and was a little to big! I like the look of the Pajeros but never driven one. The 06 gu was like stepping back the the 80s with its crap interior. I want to buy a new one but waiting for the next model if its not to far away. I want to join the Pajero club as they seem like a great bunch of people.

Comment

• iGBH
            • Dec 2010
            • Melbourne

I'm just about to purchase a new Pajero and basically have been told that the options are either buy whatever is in the country now, or wait until Oct/Nov for the new NW model.
            I wish i knew more details about the new model as i'm torn between wanting something now, and maybe missing out on something better for the sake of waiting 6 months. The new Prado was a step backwards and i have a feeling that the new Pajero may also depending on your intended use.
            I did hear that prices would be very similar so may only be a cosmetic change.
            SOLD - MY2011 NT DiD Pajero GLX. ARB winch bar, Lightforce XGT HID's, Warn 9000lb winch, Factory rear difflock, ARB roofrack with Supa-Peg awning, Bushskinz, Safari snorkel, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265/70/17.
            Time for a D4.

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2000
              • Tasmania

well at least we know the model name NW, I had though NX sounded better..

Mitsu is going to come up with a new beaut v6 diesel about 200Kw & 700nm & 7 speed auto with a decent low range.

Hah, dream on!.
              NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
              NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
                well at least we know the model name NW, I had though NX sounded better..
                How do you know! Could be NX
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Farmer
                  • Apr 2011
                  • QLD

Originally posted by iGBH View Post
                  I'm just about to purchase a new Pajero and basically have been told that the options are either buy whatever is in the country now, or wait until Oct/Nov for the new NW model.
                  I wish i knew more details about the new model as i'm torn between wanting something now, and maybe missing out on something better for the sake of waiting 6 months. The new Prado was a step backwards and i have a feeling that the new Pajero may also depending on your intended use.
                  I did hear that prices would be very similar so may only be a cosmetic change.
                  There is always something better, regardless of what and when you buy

There is some pretty good deals on NT's at the moment, probably wont be any good deals on a new Model for a while.

I was in the same boat, and Ive just bought a Platinum.

Nic

Comment

• iGBH
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Farmer View Post
                    There is some pretty good deals on NT's at the moment, probably wont be any good deals on a new Model for a while.
                    I can guarantee that the price i'm getting it for is way better than any of the retail deals. Got to love government fleet discounts...
                    SOLD - MY2011 NT DiD Pajero GLX. ARB winch bar, Lightforce XGT HID's, Warn 9000lb winch, Factory rear difflock, ARB roofrack with Supa-Peg awning, Bushskinz, Safari snorkel, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265/70/17.
                    Time for a D4.

Comment

• Farmer
                      • Apr 2011
                      • QLD

I can guarantee that the price i'm getting it for is way better than any of the retail deals. Got to love government fleet discounts...
                      I mean the Platinum's and RX's. Very good value even before fleetdiscount compared to a new model.

Nic

Comment

• iGBH
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Melbourne

I mean the Platinum's and RX's. Very good value even before fleetdiscount compared to a new model.

Nic
                        Yes and no. Depends if you see the added extras as adding any real value. For me, i couldn't care less for the extra colour coding, chrome and bling. Side steps will get destroyed off road and the skid plate is next to useless. For me (and it is a different value proposition for everyone) i was paying an extra $5k+ to effectively get the MMCS and rockford. The question then becomes can i get similar (or better) products aftermarket for a cheaper price. And the answer was yes.

No denying the package as a whole is good value for some - just not my particular needs.
                        Time for a D4.

Comment

• Farmer
                          • Apr 2011
                          • QLD

Yes and no. Depends if you see the added extras as adding any real value. For me, i couldn't care less for the extra colour coding, chrome and bling. Side steps will get destroyed off road and the skid plate is next to useless. For me (and it is a different value proposition for everyone) i was paying an extra $5k+ to effectively get the MMCS and rockford. The question then becomes can i get similar (or better) products aftermarket for a cheaper price. And the answer was yes.

No denying the package as a whole is good value for some - just not my particular needs.
                          Buy a GL or a GLX and equip to suit then

If they quoted you an extra 5k for a Platinum over a GLS i would find another dealer.

Nic

Comment

• iGBH
                            • Dec 2010
                            • Melbourne

Buy a GL or a GLX and equip to suit then

Nic
                            GLX on the way. $5k price difference was to GLX (which the Platinum is supposedly based on). Keep in mind too, the prices i'm talking about are govt fleet so retail deals like the Platinum do not attract same discounts.
                            Time for a D4.

Comment

• Farmer
                              • Apr 2011
                              • QLD

GLX on the way. $5k price difference was to GLX (which the Platinum is supposedly based on). Keep in mind too, the prices i'm talking about are govt fleet so retail deals like the Platinum do not attract same discounts.
                              Oh well you will have a fun time upgrading in the future then .

I'm still waiting on my platinum, haven't discussed fleet discounts with the dealer as of yet.

Nic

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X