• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WHID
    • Oct 2019
    • Melbourne

Just to say hello . . .

First post from a sixty something year old boy who's also intending to join the P4WDCV. First question . . . Is there drinking at the various club gatherings?

I've jumped into the world of Pajero/diesel/4WD with a fair degree of trepidation, as when it comes to matters mechanical, electrical and 'techonogical', sadly, I'm something of a luddite.

Have recently done a good deal of research into the various Toyota products and had the pants frightened off me with the travails of the DPF and dust ingestion issues, etc. So, I turned towards 'The Paj'.

The first dealer I visited must have been pretty slick, as in a little over three (3) weeks, I pick up a new Pajero Sport Exceed QE MY19 (there's a run-out sale on). It will be my first diesel and also my first 4WD - it has taken a long, long time to get here and my relative inexperience will go some way towards explaining my 'handle'. 'What Have I Done' (WHID).

I like to flyfish and the idea is for the new toy to be my 'Trout Truck' which I'm hoping will take me along various tracks, up river valleys, traversing mountain ranges, rural landscapes, etc., etc. I'll keep the Commodore for running around the suburbs (I'll also wash my mouth out after posting this).

All that said, it is reasonable to expect that I'll be bothering you far more experienced boys and girls for advice on a range of matters Pajero on a regular basis. For me; I might be able to assist you in catching a trout. A fat lot of good that might be on here!

On delivery, the vehicle will be fitted only with a tow bar and when I drive it out of the dealer's place, I'll be heading straight down the the road to everyone's mate, Michael, at Boo's for a set of his bash plates.

A request for advice and direction, as to what next I should/might do, will be forthcoming, I'm sure.

Long winded, wasn't it?

Happy 4W driving

WHID
    Last edited by WHID; 13-10-19, 05:28 PM.
    Paj. Sport Exceed MY2019 - 'Genuine' Tow Bar / Boo's Bash Plates / SS Hoops on an Ironman Bull Bar with Recovery Points / 7" 48W LED Driving Lights / Western Filters/Provent 200 Catch Can / at 3,400km, its first pin-stripes - *he winces*
  • ron.dunn
    • Jul 2019
    • Central Victoria

Welcome to the group
    Pajero Sport GLS

Comment

• Whinger
      • Oct 2019
      • Melbourne

Hi WHID

I’m a new member too and a, so far, happy Paj owner.

The first thing I am going to do (When I can afford it) is add a catch can to slow down the build up of soot and oil that comes from recycling exhaust through the engine.

Before I head up Alpine or high country way I’ll also look at bash plates underneath.

Tight lines!

Whinger

Comment

• WHID
        • Oct 2019
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Whinger View Post
        The first thing I am going to do . . . is add a catch can . . .
        Thanks Whinge.

Like you, I want to go down that track too. On the balance of various contributors' opinions, it seems to be the rational and sensible thing to do.

Unfortunately, I cannot elicit a positive response from my local Mitsubishi dealer . . . lots of ducking and weaving and comments re invalidating the warranty etc., etc.

So what am I doing about it? Wringing my fingers in a procrastinating kind of way.
        Paj. Sport Exceed MY2019 - 'Genuine' Tow Bar / Boo's Bash Plates / SS Hoops on an Ironman Bull Bar with Recovery Points / 7" 48W LED Driving Lights / Western Filters/Provent 200 Catch Can / at 3,400km, its first pin-stripes - *he winces*

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X