• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Macneil
    • Feb 2008
    • Boronia, Vic

rim width

Hey guys just wondering how wide of rims come stock on the pajero and how wide can i go? i am buying a new set of tyres and steel rims soon and would like to know what i can get
  • ducko
    • Feb 2008
    • Budgewoi, NSW

i have a 1990 pajero with 15x7in rims with 31s and its fine.
    but i did have to get flares
    Last edited by ducko; 22-02-08, 07:22 PM. Reason: missed somthing
    2002 NM 3.2 DI.D,with NP VR/X Headlights (rolled)
    2000 NM GLS V6 with the VR/X lights

Comment

• Greg
      • Oct 2007
      • Melbourne

the standard rims on my '89 NG were 15 x 6 i think. i went with 15 x 7 sunraysias and 31 x 10.5s and its fine.
      1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

• Macneil
        • Feb 2008
        • Boronia, Vic

so think she will take 8" wide rims or will i have to flare the guards? spose i done mind doing that will look tuff from the back then..

Comment

• Greg
          • Oct 2007
          • Melbourne

depending on the offset i'd say you'll need to put flares on. it also depends on the flex you can get and the shape of the tyre etc.
          1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

• Macneil
            • Feb 2008
            • Boronia, Vic

where is the best place to get flares? getting BF A/T's..xss44444444

Comment

• Alex86
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Here and there

Macniel, one thing to consider is VicRoads standards.

Going too big might mean youll have to get [possibly costly] checks done to your car so they are happy its roadworthy- which means youll get your insurance paid out if its acceptable to vicroads...

"Replacement wheels and tyres may be fitted provided........
              - the width of any replacement rim must not be more than 25mm greater than the widest wheel specified by the vehicle manufacturer for that model or vehicle series."

Some food for thought. The above quote is from pdf info available on the vicroads site. I think its linked somewhere in the Pirelli ATR thread in another section.

Im unsure what the widest that your series comes with.. The last thing anyone wants is to upgrade and then not be covered [even unknowingly] if things hit the fan!
              '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
              Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Greg
                • Oct 2007
                • Melbourne

Im pretty sure the biggest i can go with my NG is 32 x 10.5's (note: this is not an ordinary size, most 32's are 11.5" wide) I believe the ruling says that its 25mm wider and 50mm taller and thats it. Might also want to check with your insurer as they might want to know about things like that.

Comment

• martin7
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • High Wycombe W.A.

unsure about in victoria but in w.a. i was able to run 16x8" rims and 265x75R16 tyres being that the NG was avilable with 16x6 rims 205R16 tyres.
                  95 NJ PAJERO 3.0LT V6, AUTO, MAN HUBS, ECB bullbar, WARN 9000lb WINCH, dual long range tanks (205lts), Airtec snorkel, K&N air filter, rotronics dual battery system, GME tx4400 uhf, rated recovery points on all 4 corners, GQ rear coils

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X