X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregboss260
    • Aug 2010
    • dandenong vic

First thing i'm doing is having a power tune done on the XR. Then i'll do the Pajero. I had to replace the factory rear tyres on the ford at 16000 ks. Going from a 2.7 hilux to a new XR8 i was like a kid again. I got over that quick at the price of 245/45/18s!!!! I'll start looking for a vn/vp for the motor and trans soon and start getting the parts i need so i've only got to buy the adapter at tax time.

Comment

• ngwagon
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2009
      • mt evelyn

Vn/vp would be sweet swap.. Do you just get the adapter from marks? Does it need to be engineered too? What shocks are you using after you put the gq springs in?

Comment

• gregboss260
        • Aug 2010
        • dandenong vic

I've got to go speak to them at Marks. The adapter comes with shafts and everything to hook it up. One parts changeover. Next time i'm in Bayswater i'll go see Archie Robertson and see if it'll engineer with a 5.0. Might have to go 3.8 and supercharge it. I used Hilux rear shocks, springs cost $50 a pair and shocks were same at Halls. If you go there watch the shockers the pair i got are stuffed and he does'nt warrantie shocks.

Comment

• gregboss260
          • Aug 2010
          • dandenong vic

Been weighing up my options and i'm going to keep the Pajero and do a few mods. Better to mod the one i own than getting into debt to buy another car. I'm going Commodore V6. My mates getting a car for parts and said i can have motor, box, computer and loom and whatever else i need like gear shift etc. I think a free V6 is better than having to buy a V8. Can put one of those factory superchargers on later if i need to.

Comment

• ngwagon
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • mt evelyn

How's the wagon going mate? Did you end up getting the commodore motor and auto?

Comment

• gregboss260
              • Aug 2010
              • dandenong vic

Originally posted by ngwagon View Post
              How's the wagon going mate? Did you end up getting the commodore motor and auto?
              Not yet i'm not going to buy adaptor kit till i get tax return. Had it dyno'd today at Hallam Performance. It had 43kw at wheels when they started. Its got 58.8 now, only cost me $140. Takes off a lot better and does'nt stink of gas. Might take it to Gembrook sunday and see how it is off road now. Going for a drive in the Ford tomorrow. The rev head in me is bored.

Comment

• ngwagon
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2009
                • mt evelyn

nice improvement in kw.. I spent a few hours today fixing diff seal and a busted ball joint.. thats a cheap dyno tune and bet it feels like a new car now

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X