• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wabbsnh
    • Jul 2007
    • South Coast NSW

NE 2.5 Turbo Oil Sender

Hi Gang,

I in process of doing up a Pajero I picked up as a project, it's a 1989 NE lwb 2.5lt 5 speed wagon. I am having problems with the oil pressure reading and the gearbox in the beast.
    Can anyone tell me where to find the oil sender? The guage reads 0 all the time, regardless of revs, I want to check that the sender wire is actually connected but can't seem to locate it.
    Also the gearbox is doing something strange, when I select 3rd or 5th gear in 4LL and then change into 4th, the operation of the gear lever pulls the 4wd selector back into 4L. Any clues? I have recently changed the clutch and had the box and the gear levers out, but did not pull box to bits. All gears seem OK when driving in 2wd and 4L, problem only seems to be in 4LL. Have I put the gear levers in correctly?

Thanks in advance, Keith.
    IF I'M NOT HERE, I'M PROBABLY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

1993 NH GLX 3 litre V6, Rear diff lock, Cruise control, Auto, Aluminium bullbar, Std Mags with 265/70/R15 Yokohama Super Diggers.
  • altech1
    • Dec 2007

oil sender

hi there
    if i rember right its on the drivers side of engine near the oil filter
    if you remove the bash plate you shood sea it from underneth just the engine mount .as for gear box im not shore

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X