• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StarDamage
    • Nov 2012
    • WestOz

Injectors

Gday guys,

I was wondering if there is a way of checking what injectors I need without removing them? I have an 89 NF Paj. Its a jap import though.
    Cheers in advance.
  • 10troym
    • Jun 2012
    • Maroochydore , Qld

is it diesel or petrol? If are you hands on and confident you can try this. If petrol you can not check unless you can pull off all connector plugs to injector while engine running, which i do not think you can. This will only tell you one is not working if you have a miss fire. will not tell you leakage ect. but good chance that if tou do not do all, one will fail soon after. Diesel is similar but instead of plug you crack injector line with engine running. Again this will only tell you complete failure, not total condition. either way. you do one do them all!
    89 pajero v6 auto with more money spent on upgrades than it cost to purchase!!! ARB bullbar, EFS front and rear 2 inch suspension lift, 265/75r16 M/T's, sports exhaust, UHF, rhino racks with full length luggage carrier.

Comment

• StarDamage
      • Nov 2012
      • WestOz

Cheers mate. It is a diesel. I have decided to replace them and am going to try and do it myself (which I have never done before) But I wanted to make sure I ordered the right ones. Wasnt sure if the fact it is a Jap import would change the injectors I need to buy.
      Cheers.

Comment

• Exceeder
        • Aug 2013
        • Hobart TASMANIA

Does anyone know of a good place to get injectors? Either new or exchange/reconditioned?

Ive been told that its possible to service them yourself, something about new tips or something.....

Comment

• Exceeder
          • Aug 2013
          • Hobart TASMANIA

Here’s how I cleaned my diesel injectors. You can pay a shop to do the job for you but it’s actually fairly easy to DIY. Injector cleaning is a job

This seems a basic overview....
          FYI

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X