• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • josh88
    • Mar 2011
    • Sydney

UHF installation on NP Exceed with double din

Just got a hold on NP MY05 Exceed and it's fitted with factory standard double din Eurovox unit in it. I was thinking of installing an UHF radio just under the RV meter. Does anyone know if the compass magnet of the RV meter would be affected by the UHF magnetic speaker? Any suggestions as to the best location to install the UHF radio is much appreciated. Some threads in the forum refer to single din and so far I haven't found anything regarding the double din.
    MY05 Exceed Di-D with diff Locks to add
  • peter92
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • maryborough queensland

hi josh, all i know is that you cant put any magnet near a compass, it will affect the needle. but i dont know about your. sorry i couldnt be more helpfull
    regards peter
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• Matty4
      • Feb 2010
      • Yarra Valley, Vic

This is where mine's installed

You may be able to mount just the head in that spot, leaving the body of the UHF mounted under the dash
      2005 NP Exceed 3.8V6...ARB bar, IPF's, REDARC Dual battery system, 2" lift (lovells/billys/polyairs), LR aux tank, GME UHF, roof mounted DVD, cargo barrier, BFG AT's, Rhino Rack alloy tray, home-made rear storage w/ Black widow fridge slide & 1000w inverter, bluetooth kit, Tomtom GO 720, Ipod input, reverse camera in bumper, ALDI winch...
      GONE!!!!!......

"Possibly an NT or NW this year"

Comment

• josh88
        • Mar 2011
        • Sydney

Originally posted by Matty4 View Post
        This is where mine's installed

You may be able to mount just the head in that spot, leaving the body of the UHF mounted under the dash
        Thanks Matty, it seems the detachable or the remote speaker mic is the way to go
        MY05 Exceed Di-D with diff Locks to add

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X