• Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Ky1e View Post
    Which unit is this?
    The unit I have is not ideal as you will NEVER see any fault code.

So problems can be happening and you won't know, so I don't reccomend it unless your one of those blokes constantly keeping an eye on things

Pm me for more info
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

When I get time I'm going to see unichip about it as I believe the burn can be tuned out with a quality chip
      I've spoken to them already but they need the truck for a few days and the wife uses it as the daily.

Will keep you all posted when it happens ..... maybe an if it happens

Comment

• Boo Boo
        • Aug 2012
        • Kilsyth

I spoke with Uni chip the other day but they said thay cannot remove the Kilometre burn.
        2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• zoom
          • Apr 2017
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
          I spoke with Uni chip the other day but they said thay cannot remove the Kilometre burn.

I had my ECU reflashed in Sydney on my NS after heaps of DPF and other problems and don't ever remember it doing a burn again. Must say it was the best $1600 I ever spent on the girl 8.8L/100km

Comment

• Stoneman
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2012
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Boo Boo View Post
            that was their first reply to me as well

it was some time ago now.

Comment

• SC007ER
              • Jun 2014
              • WA

Stoneman I sent you a pm

Comment

• kiwi1973
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • New Zealand

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post

You can find the plugs on line or go to a wreckers and make them easy enough
                They don't stop the burn rather just keep the ecu happy
                Having a delete pipe will give better flow and drop temps making it harder for the temps to be reached
                Your burns will eventually be 600 km apart regardless of driving behaviour instead of the average 300 odd
                The ecu uses calculations to work out when it thinks a periodical burn will be done with it completing perfect burns every time it will slowly increase the time between burns

These are the ones I gave slo78u

I'm not sure why it's a cheap skates way
                You can also have the EGR deleted from a remap also

It will also complete a forced regen with the resistors.

Testing done during a regen some time ago now seen a 200 degree drop in temps in the delete pipe using the resistors
                Ecu than calculates that less fuel is needed to reach temps
                Remember the fuel for the burn is pre injected so it's being wasted. (That said it's minimal)
                I personally don't think you need to do a forced regen when resistors are installed but I did.

I now just have a unit that stops them all together but that's another story.
                Why 2 resistors? I thought it would just be the temp sensor on the DPF itself. Does one of the other two temp sensors also need to be replaced with a resistor?
                2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• Stoneman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
                  Why 2 resistors? I thought it would just be the temp sensor on the DPF itself. Does one of the other two temp sensors also need to be replaced with a resistor?
                  Because of the way the system works

You can find all the info you need in the manual in the technical section

Last two sensors are used to complete the burn from what I've found

Although there is another test I want to run but I'm sure I will will come to same conclusion I did sometime ago
                  And that is the ecu has a maximum and minimum preset of fuel to push through the system
                  The resistors keeps this at a minimum amount with successful uninterrupted burns

The system seems to although montitor switching off and on the engine only mainly cares about temps to complete a burn for a certain time and how it handles it (falling out of temp range and how long)
                  It's seems to be a system outside the system with a signal being either complete or not complete
                  Your welcome to test your theory and report back

But so far reports are success....

Comment

• jellyfish1968
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Capalaba Qld

Hi Stoneman

I am doing a trip down the east coast with our van in a months time and would like to replace the Dpf sensors with resistors prior to leaving, could you advise on resistor values and positions, have already installed resist0rs in Maf sensor

Comment

• 1madgerman
                      • May 2019
                      • DECEPTION BAY

Originally posted by jellyfish1968 View Post
                      Hi Stoneman

I am doing a trip down the east coast with our van in a months time and would like to replace the Dpf sensors with resistors prior to leaving, could you advise on resistor values and positions, have already installed resist0rs in Maf sensor
                      Hey mate did you end up finding out the resistor valves for the DPF sensors?

Thanks lars

Comment

• mick457
                        • Oct 2019
                        • qld

i cant believe there is not a guide on how to do this on here.
                        thread after thread on people saying "just delete the dpf"
                        would be really helpful if we knew where the other stuff is meant to go. ie sensors, pressure pipes etc.
                        can the cat be deleted aswell

Comment

• NSGaz
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Perth

Guidance Please

I'm in the same boat. I want to delete the DPF, but have been searching for the resistor values, where to install them etc. to no avail.

Would love some guidance (preferably step by step and pics would be great) to implement this without having to resort to sending my ECU away to be reprogrammed at huge cost and delays without being able to use the vehicle.

I'm assuming that the delete pipe, pressure sensor loop and resister mods will mean no more DPF issues, CELs or limp modes. Is this right?

Or is there still the risk of these even with the mods and the only sure fire way is the ECU flash?

Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• mick457
                            • Oct 2019
                            • qld

yep, i have half an xforce exhaust sitting here that i would love to get on, but yeah there is literally next to 0 info on this, i get there feeling that there was but its been deleted i think.

Comment

• Stoneman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • Melbourne

I haven’t been on in a long time, I would have to order some more plugs but if there is some interest I will get some more

$40 posted for 2 plugs, pay via direct debit only.
                              Enough people run them and I’ve never had one single complaint.

They don’t stop the burn but keep your ecu happy if you have a delete pipe

I don’t think any info has been deleted but there is no easy way, you either do a remap and remove the lot or you run resistors with the stock cat

I know a way to completely remove it but I need help with that so unless you know about the canbus I can’t be bothered
                              I have a device that I would like to reverse engineer but I need help basically.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X