• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billy500
    • Aug 2016
    • Brisbane

Rear draws or no draws

Just wondering what you all think.

I am thinking of removing the draws I purchased from Supercheap 4x4 some 2 years ago. I have my AGM 120a battery in the well where the third row of seats were on my NM 2002 and am finding it difficult to access this area without emptying and sliding out the two draws which is a hassle.

I am thinking of making some myself to suit my purposes better and reduce weight.

What do you guys out there use and photos thanks

Cheers
    Bob
    2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, Cooper Discovery AT3, 2" Bilsen King lift, Orion VHF/UHF radios,LED Spot light, Rear drawers, Waeco CFX 50 and slide, 120 amp dual batteries, 2.5x2.5 awning with side shades.
  • koshari
    • Oct 2018
    • gippsland

any reason you choose not to but the 2nd battery in front?

Comment

• Lance
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Melbourne

Gooday Bob
      I keep my 2nd battery in that rear compartment along with all the other stuff I carry.
      I removed the 3rd seat and the original floor panel, made up a 3 section replacement floor, and used shop fitting components to build a frame for a bed/shelf.
      I added a 'kitchen' to the tailgate 'cos ya gotta eat.

The under-floor area is easily accessed without removing the shelf setup.
      Attached Files
      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• smwhiskey
        • Feb 2012
        • Brisbane

I just made a simple frame out of Alum box and plywood, secured via tiedowns and used plastic tubs for draws. Tubs are preloaded and live in the shed when I don't need them.

My Criteria & Limitations
        1. Had to be lightweight
        2. Had to be able to access the underfloor space now the rear seats have been removed.
        3. Has to be modular, very flexible and easily removable.
        4. My Engineering and mechanical ability....Computer Geek level...i.e. not much
        5. May or may not have to support a fully loaded Waeco CF50 and/or Waeco CF60.

Build it out of 25mmx25mmx1.6mm aluminium SHS from Earlybird steel at Lytton and plastic joiners sourced over the internet from Ezimetal

Access to the sub floor is via a couple of trapdoors made from ply and covered in carpet.

Keep my recovery gear, toolkit, first aid kit and various other bits and pieces that I don't use very often in the subfloor space where they are out of the way.

Recently added a fridgeslide.

Simon
        Attached Files
        2003 NP DID Exceed with a bit of lift and a hunk of steel on the front with some stuff hanging off it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X