• Melbourne

What's wrong with your fuel economy

Stolen from FB

NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

I've never believed any of the manufacturers figures. They should be forced to do real world testing on a set route with an independent lab, before they are allowed to publish figures.
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
      • Apr 2015
      • Jamisontown NSW

From the link. As a result the fuel economy windscreen stickers on most vehicles are optimistic to say the least.

I would say they are total bull

Comment

• Stoneman
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2012
        • Melbourne

Japanese automaker Mitsubishi Motors said it had illegally rigged fuel economy tests affecting hundreds of thousands of vehicles.
        NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

They have already sent an apology

Improper conduct in fuel consumption testing on products manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC)

In connection with the certification process for the mini-cars manufactured by MMC, we found that with respect to the fuel consumption testing data submitted to the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), MMC conducted testing improperly to present better fuel consumption rates than the actual rates; and that the testing method was also different from the one required by Japanese law. We express deep apologies to all of our customers and stakeholders for this issue.
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Ent
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2014
            • Tasmania

And they are doing what? Oh yes expressing their deep apologies for a shallow practice. Again.
            2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
              • Apr 2015
              • Jamisontown NSW

People seem to apologise after they have been caught. Footballers (sorry I was so drunk I didn't know what I was doing. I have brought disgrace to my family, my club and myself) and politicians ( I apologise for taking a helicopter when I could have done a one hour road trip, I will repay the cost of the helicopter) are notorious for it.

Now it includes car manufacturers. Volkswagen, Toyota, GM and now MM.

Own up and apologise before the hits the bloody fan.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by Jeffwatkins View Post
                Own up and apologise before the hits the bloody fan.
                Or don't cheat in the first place?
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• MorgansPC
                  • Feb 2016
                  • ACT

Fuel Efficiency Test Failures

Another report:

Japanese automaker Mitsubishi admits it manipulated pollution data in more than 600,000 vehicles, after reports of misconduct sent its Tokyo-listed shares plummeting earlier in the day.

Edit: posts merged by admin.
                  PC Challenger MY2104. MT. Silver. The Ultimate Suspension (Lovells coils/spring, heavy duty front, medium duty rear with Aussie Ryder struts/shocks),TJM bullbar, TJM 9,500lb winch, safari snorkel, genuine towbar.

Comment

• Lazarus
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Mitsubishi admitted to forging fuel usage data

Mitsubishi Japan admitted to fake fuel usage fugures in some smaller models vehicles. About 600 000 cars affected.
                    So VW is not the only one ....
                    NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• zoiks
                      • Apr 2016
                      • Brisbane

Just been announced that it goes back to the early 2000s and effects the Pajero. 40% has been wiped off its share price.

Something like this could be a death blow to a smaller manufacturer like Mitsubishi.

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                        • Apr 2015
                        • Jamisontown NSW

More trouble for MMM

Shares are down 50% on news of more damaging fuel consumption knowledge going back 25 years.

Are there any honest vehicle manufacturers left?

The scandal surrounding Japanese car maker Mitsubishi deepens, with revelations employees felt pressured to manipulate fuel economy data.

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2000
                          • Tasmania

no such a biggie, IMO as not many people achieve or believe the official fuel figures anyway.
                          NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                          NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Goodsy
                            Who ya gunna call....
                            • Dec 2010
                            • Hervey Bay

What does MM make for Nissan?
                            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Dicko1
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2014
                              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
                              no such a biggie, IMO as not many people achieve or believe the official fuel figures anyway.

You must be a rich bugger mate...$5 billion gone and its not a biggie!!! Think you will find its the emission side of things that will see serious trouble for the manufacturer.

Fuel figures are calculated by the fairies in the bottom of your garden....
                              Last edited by Dicko1; 27-04-16, 02:21 PM.
                              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X