• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticky
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Sa trip

Im getting itchy feet boys, is anyone thinking about a day or two out soon?

The limestone trip is a way off yet and I am hanging out to learn a few more 4WDing techniques

Steve
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • razorback481
    • Nov 2014
    • Lewiston SA

same here

we are looking for a get away as well

Comment

• Ian Johnston
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2010
      • Mount Gambier, SA

Whats the park up the Riverland that is 4wd friendly?
      Also, a 4wd park at Tintinara. Do a Google.
      2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
      Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
      2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• ticky
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian Johnston View Post
        Whats the park up the Riverland that is 4wd friendly?
        You might be talking about Loveday.

Personally, I enjoyed Peak more, but then I only saw a small section of Loveday.

Steve
        2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• ticky
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2015
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by razorback481 View Post
          same here

we are looking for a get away as well
          Let me know if you want a tag along for the day. My kitchen is almost finished, I had the new floor tiles laid yesterday, but I need to take a break and have some fun.

Steve

Comment

• twisted32
            • Jan 2015
            • Adelaide

I would definitely be keen to head out for a day trip.
            Weekend would be hard because all of my camping gear is still in storage from moving back to Adelaide....
            MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• letsgoplaces
              • Jul 2014
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by ticky View Post
              Im getting itchy feet boys, is anyone thinking about a day or two out soon?

The limestone trip is a way off yet and I am hanging out to learn a few more 4WDing techniques

Steve
              I'll be up for a play, whether it's a day trip or a weekender.
              Being the instigator, have you got somewhere you want to go?

John

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

I'm always keen to get out & do some 4wding, but I don't want to commit to anything soon - put me down as a definite maybe.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• ticky
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2015
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by letsgoplaces View Post
                  I'll be up for a play, whether it's a day trip or a weekender.
                  Being the instigator, have you got somewhere you want to go?

John
                  Hey John & Scott,

I do later in the year john, but Im not set up for it yet as I have very little in the way of camping gear anymore.

I would like to do the Boarder track, but for now, just a day trip would do me. Personally, I enjoyed Peake, but I have enjoyed all the places I have gone with you blokes, so maybe somewhere we didn't go last year.

Maybe some of you more experienced blokes would have better suggestions than me. It's buck passing, I know, but I dont think I am up to the stage of being an organizer quite yet, but i'll be happy to help if I can.

Steve

Comment

• green monster
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Adelaide

I'm keen,,, missed the last trip to goolwa, Peake was fantastic but hard to get access as its booked out waaay in advance !. I'm not too fussed about bringing the camper trailer but Yu never know, usually got the wife and 3 kids in tow but might get permission to just rock up on my own with the swag and a smile. I'm in the good books as I turned down a weekend corporate ticket in the clipsal box at the big car race thing,,,,
                    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• ticky
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2015
                      • Adelaide

I started this as an EOI without a plan, and to be honest, Im not sure I can arrange this without a little help. I don't know were to go, I only know I want to go.

So this is the list so far:

Myself
                      James
                      Grant
                      Twisted
                      John
                      Scott (Scott usually brings 1 or 2 extra vehicles as well)
                      Green Monster

So most of you know I am new at this and I don't know anywhere except where I have gone with you guys. Any ideas people?

Steve

Comment

• letsgoplaces
                        • Jul 2014
                        • Adelaide

Hey Steve,

I wrote something last week, but obviously forgot to post

There are clearly more options for a (long)weekender, but as this is looking to be a daytrip, the spot needs to be within 2-3 hours.

There is Jakem Farm out Callington way which a few guys have done before.
                        There is also Terowie (Hopes Gully) 4x4 park which is about 220k's

There are a couple of options, and unfortunately there aren't many left

John

Comment

• old Jack
                          Regular
                          • Jun 2011
                          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Options are;

Day trip mid week to Peake. Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday only and not in school holidays.
                          Day Trip Saturday or Sunday to Jakem Farm or Saunders Gorge or Morgan Quarry (if we can get access). Long day trip and do the Bridle Track (west of Port Pirie through to just south of Melrose) easy to medium, great views but all day driving.

I am still chasing a Peake weekend, if I can get one it will be at short notice due to a cancellation. Also chasing access to the Millicent Sand Buggy Club area.

Due to distance (3.5 to 5 hours drive time each way) the following are really 3 day weekends as a minimum.
                          Limestone Coast. (Robe / Beachport) base camping with 1/2 and full day trips. Avoid summer holidays and Easter and October LWE's. I have done winter trips and not seen a soul, weather can be marginal though.
                          Bendleby Ranges. (just north of Orroroo), base camping with 1/2 day trips, good facilities. Easy to hard tracks. Good facilities.
                          Argadells (just west of Quorn), always quite except for Easter and October Long weekends. Bush camping with basic facilities, showers at main caravan park area. 4wd tracks easy to hard.
                          Spear Creek (SE of Port Augusta) ok caravan park or bush camping and 4wd tracks, easy to medium.
                          Border Track.Touring trip
                          Little Desert NP Victoria (4 day weekend). Touring Trip
                          There are a number of other private properties in the mid north that offer 4wd access and bush camping but I have not been to any of them.

NJ, Brett and I went to Bendleby Ranges last June long weekend and had a great time. Cool at night but mid 20'S and blue skies during the day. Ask to NJ about the lamb roast!

What are people interested in?
                          Base camping with day and 1/2 day trips or all day driving/camp overnight driving type tours?
                          No Facilities, Bush Camping with basic facilities or Caravan Parks with full facilities?
                          Caravan access, camper trailer access, tents/swags or cabin type accommodation?

cheers, OJ.
                          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• ticky
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2015
                            • Adelaide

Thanks Dave, John & Scott.

For me, I am just after a day trip at the moment.

I have a feeling there is a limestone coast trip in the planning already and I am hoping to be able to make that one. I have to get a bit of camping gear together as I got rid of most of mine when I bought the caravan.

I think Jakems opened on the 1st of March but I wouldnt be able to go until April anyway. I have no idea what its like.

I imagine a mid week is a bit hard for most people, although I could make that no probs.

It looks like Loveday, Hopes Gully & the Bridle track are all about the same distance from Adelaide. with Peake being about an hour closer. All could be done in a day with a weekend option available to those who want it except probably the Bridle where a weekend could be a bit of overkill from what I can see, but I never been there and I could be wrong.

Anyway, at this stage, all suggestions are welcome. If you have a preference, let us know. This is still more of an EOI than a plan.

Steve

Comment

• dean
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007

To be honest you wouldn't go to the bridle track for it only. It's a nice detour to take when heading home or going somewhere.
                              The only other day trip would be into Deep Ck but you could do this in a Torana but it is actually marked 4wd.
                              Then scoot along the Range Rd down to the mouth.
                              Not much 4wd but pick a nice day...throw in the rods, walking boots, picnic and a good fun day can be had.
                              Dean
                              NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X