• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookie9
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Central Coast NSW

Fire pits

Been thinking about some sort of firepit for a long time, would be nice to setup camp where you want AND have a nice fire.

Seems like quite a choice for flat pack designs, the snow peak looks good but big $$ and the steel trough types.

This one is the cheapest trough : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FLAT-PACK...MakeTrack=true

Ezipit is next up http://www.ezyspit.com/es600-specifications.html with other similar things priced beyond these.

Any thoughts on any of those mentioned or other options? I want quick setup, able to cook on it and easy storage.

cheers!
    2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....
  • artuo
    • Sep 2014
    • Central Coast NSW

I'd be interested in people's thoughts aswell, how well they burn, do they drop much hot coals, etc
    I've been looking at the above fire pits and a few copies on fleabay. I've used a hillbilly fire dish in the past, but I've found it too bulky to fit in and looking at a flat pack type.
    The ezyspit looks good, especially as I have an Auspit. Fathers days special on at the moment too
    MY14 NW VRX Graphite DiD, ARB Deluxe CC'd Bullbar, Airtec Snorkel, DIY rear shelf, Autosafe half cargo barrier, GME TX3540S radio, Rhino Pioneer plaform with bits, Foxwing awning, Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates, Dual Battery with Redarc BCDC1225LV, Bilstein/Lovells HD suspension, LRA Aux Tank

In Tow; Explorer Lawson camper trailer

Comment

• Tingles
      • Sep 2011
      • Adelaide

Here's another one from Drifta: http://www.drifta.com.au/small-fire-pit/

I don't have any experience with this but Luke generally makes pretty good stuff
      MY16 NX GLX, TJM steel bull bar, XGS suspension, Bridgestone Dueller 265/60x18LT, LRA 58L auxillary tank, 100aH dual battery with DC/DC charger, Rhino roof tracks and Pioneer platform, LightForce 180 Gen II LEDs, Cavalier camper trailer

Comment

• Sam Pato
        • Jan 2011
        • Brisbane

I don't have a fire pit but I've got one of those $30- fold up BBQ's and its a great thing.

We take a bag of bbq bricks with us and set it up on the beach for a steak and some marshmallows. Its getting a bit warped and rusty now but for what we paid its been gold. For our kids its often the highlight of a camping trip.

When we're done we dig a pit at least 1ft deep and pour whats left of the coals in and fill it with water then cover it over. Safety first.

Sam
        Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

Comment

• nayala
          • Mar 2013
          • western victoria

Originally posted by Sam Pato View Post
          I don't have a fire pit but I've got one of those $30- fold up BBQ's and its a great thing.

We take a bag of bbq bricks with us and set it up on the beach for a steak and some marshmallows. Its getting a bit warped and rusty now but for what we paid its been gold. For our kids its often the highlight of a camping trip.

When we're done we dig a pit at least 1ft deep and pour whats left of the coals in and fill it with water then cover it over. Safety first.

Sam
          +1 I use the same if I stay at private camping ground
          Cheers
          Ika

2013 NW 3.2 L GLX R : Boo's bash plate, Roley rear plate, ORS Drawer, GME 3110 plug n play, SPV mod, Redarc BCDC 1220IGN, Pioneer platform, 30" LED light bar on roofrack, ARB bullbar

2004 NP ; Dueller 697 ; ARB bullbar ; Uniden 7760 : RFI CD900 ; eagle eyes headlight ; double din Tablet PC DVD ; 7" spotlight ; (SOLD)

Comment

• aus_andyk
            • Nov 2013
            • Melbourne

I went ahead and purchased the Snow Peak large fire pit prior to leaving on my Kimberley trip.

Yeah it's expensive, but it packs almost completely flat, weighs around 6kgs and has everything you need. Most other pits are made of steel and weigh about 20kgs.

Being made out of stainless steel it should last quite a few years.

No caravan park denied us using it, unless they had a total fire ban.

Was great for grilling fish with briquettes and used minimal wood for a group fire.

Cheers
            Andy
            | PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |

Comment

• Mirko
              • Apr 2013
              • Melbourne

Drifta for sure. They offer different sizes and the service is second to none.
              2015 NX GLS Pajero, ARB Delux Bullbar, Icon UHF, Bilsteins Lift Kit, Redarc Tow Pro Elite, MM Tow bar, Diff Breathers, TJM Snorkel, TJM underbody protection, WindBooster and EGR Controller,ARB Intensity Lights, Pollen Filter BFG 17" MT.

Comment

• Yugi
                • Nov 2013
                • Mount Martha

X2 DRIFTA $ but great bit of kit
                2013 NW GLXR: Bushskinz all round, Rasllar Rear Bar, Tradesman RR with Drifta Rapid Wing Awning, BB & winch, snorkel, HPD FMIC, & other bits and pieces.

Comment

• artuo
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Central Coast NSW

+3 for the snow peak from drifta, i have the medium kit and its great, camping and at home

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
                  MY14 NW VRX Graphite DiD, ARB Deluxe CC'd Bullbar, Airtec Snorkel, DIY rear shelf, Autosafe half cargo barrier, GME TX3540S radio, Rhino Pioneer plaform with bits, Foxwing awning, Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates, Dual Battery with Redarc BCDC1225LV, Bilstein/Lovells HD suspension, LRA Aux Tank

In Tow; Explorer Lawson camper trailer

Comment

• Kingbrown
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Port Augusta - SA

Bother. My old 4 gallon drum is now obsolete.
                    2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• MatthewP
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2014
                      • North of Brisbane

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
                      Bother. My old 4 gallon drum is now obsolete.

I have the drum out of an old washing machine that I use as a fire pit.
                      It doesn't fold flat though.

Matt
                      05 NP Pajero Platinum 3.2DID Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X