• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonymOz
    • May 2013
    • Perth

Jurien Bay Camping Advice Pls

I'm planning a trip up to Jurien Bay with a few mates at the end of November. Probably just an overnighter (travelling from Perth). Looking for some quiet free camping spots away from the hustle and bustle. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    2011 NT 3.2, ARB bar, UHF, roof bars, dual battery, Lovells / Bilstein 2" lift, 12000lb winch
  • Shifty
    • Jul 2013
    • perth

beach between cervantes and jurien bay is nice, usually see one or two groups up there camping, free

Comment

• bakerboy
      "valued 3000+ member"
      • May 2008
      • Perth

you can get fined there though, but grey does look nice, personally I would avoid the coast route on the way back (grey nomads/speed cameras -.- hahaha )
      If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Ranger J
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

Sandy Cape has plenty of spots, both in the designated campground and the free camps either side north and south of the campground.

Does get busy though, particularly on long weekends, and be wary of the marine sanctuaries around that area if you're planning on fishing.
        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• wrexy
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2011
          • Bakers Hill, WA

No free camping in Shire of Dandaragan & Cervantes Caravan Park is expensive & crapp. Good spot just north of Green Head, Little Anchorage Bay. No, No Camping signs just, "Take out what you bring in " signs.
          MY05 Exceed Di-D Auto, TuneIt chip, Turbo Timer, Aux.Trans cooler, Low Water Alarm, 20" Light bar, Bilsteins, H/D rear springs, B/Stone D697 L/T tyres, TPMS, MCC Alloy Bar,+90Narva H/L globes, Roof Console w/-GME 3340 uhf.Magellen GPS & Hema Hn6,Ark battery box w/-135a/h GEL, 60Lt FridgeMate,100W Solar, Ctec Dc-DC charger, Rola Aero Bars, UpTop Awning, Wheelie Bin, WetSeat covers, Crash cam.
          Towing. '00 Gazal Infinity ATV 18' Caravan.
          http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/93405.png

Comment

• Shifty
            • Jul 2013
            • perth

Originally posted by bakerboy View Post
            you can get fined there though, but grey does look nice, personally I would avoid the coast route on the way back (grey nomads/speed cameras -.- hahaha )
            technically you can get fined anywhere if you dont pay for a camping spot, this is one part of australian law i hate and why i hate rangers.

Also the indian ocean drive is a much better route than the brand highway, its newer, shorter, no trucks and ive only seen speed cameras in the shire of wannaroo not gingin.
            Last edited by Shifty; 23-10-13, 12:49 AM. Reason: wrong highways ops

Comment

• Shifty
              • Jul 2013
              • perth

Originally posted by Shifty View Post
              technically you can get fined anywhere if you dont pay for a camping spot.
              ill also add that you can get fined 4wding north of two rocks, even tho it doesnt state no 4wding and theres a sign telling you where to adjust tyre pressures.. all depends if the rangers in a shitty mood or not

Comment

• bakerboy
                "valued 3000+ member"
                • May 2008
                • Perth

Less hills, no grey nomads, more over taking opportunities and only around 15min longer from what I saw.

Also two rocks, alkimos etc is no go and has been for years, city of wannaroo is no go for 4wd, gingin shire is fine. Also the fine is in relation to proximity to a caravan park, not everywhere. The reason you get fined at wedge or grey is because you're in a conservation or national park or something along those lines.

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• Shifty
                  • Jul 2013
                  • perth

alkimos i understand, heaps of no trespassing signs. but two rocks is pretty much inviting you in with the tyre pressures sign.

we planned a trip with some work mates to wilbinga, sorry if i got the spelling wrong, its the next area north past two rocks, gingin shire. we called both wannaroo and gingin shires trying to find some info regarding 4wding at two rocks to wilbinga. gingin were very helpful, saying we could 4wd wilbinga, staying on the tracks, not making our own.
                  but wannaroo didnt help at all, couldnt get a straight answer regarding two rocks. they didnt say yes or no. we wrang a few 4wd workshops figuring they has some info, they said they've been going two rocks for years without problems. besides, heaps of people go there

as for the op. ive been on the beach between jurien and cervantes without problems, just clean up after yourselves and you wont get hassled.

Comment

• bakerboy
                    "valued 3000+ member"
                    • May 2008
                    • Perth

Info about 4wding in the COW can be found pretty easily on their website for future reference, that is, technically it is not allowed but depends if they want to fine you or not.

Camping at grey should be okay, I don't believe it's targeted as much as wedge but they are more likely to fine you nowadays.

Comment

• mabble
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Perth

went to sandy cape 2 weeks ago, just saw this so thought id post.

Nice spot, but was crowed not the best time. was tenting and couldn't get a grass spot so was on the dirt, make sure u bring a sledge for the tent pegs if anyone goes. that ground is mighty hard.

good fun though, tailor in the bay.
                      2004 np 3.2 did, factory bbar, rack, 265/75/r16 Micky ts , Lovells Billys 2 inch combo.

Wanted
                      Driving lights (narva 225's, awning, chip)

Comment

• billnjim
                        • Feb 2012
                        • Secret Harbo

For hard ground we have a cordless drill and masonry bit - no effort required, no bent pegs and easy to remove.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X