• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EXTNIX
    • Oct 2011
    • Epping, Melbounre

Rear inner dome light not working

Hi guys,

All other inner dome lights are working fine except the rear one on the roof. I have tried all the settings i.e. Door and constant but no go. Have changed the globe too 8W , still no go, even though the original globe was ok.

Just wondering if there is a separate fuse for this? or any one else has encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Asad.
    Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
    a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
    b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
    c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au
  • Humbug
    • Dec 2008
    • Melbourne

I have just had the same problem. Replaced the globe, and seems to be power there after testing with multimeter. Seems odd. Is this light linked with another light that is keeping this light off?
    Any ideas is appreciated.
    Humbug

NS 25th Anniversary Pajero, DID Auto
    Accessories fitted: ARB Delux Bar, TJM Snorkel, ARB Dual Batteries, Milford Cargo Barrier, Fourby Fitout storage system, ARB Onboard Compressor, Goodyear Wrangler MT's with 17 x 7.5 Speedy Grande rims, UHF radio, Bush Skinz bash plates and side steps.

Comment

• psychster
      • Jun 2012
      • Queanbeyan

If there is power on one side of the lamp, check for a ground on the other side. In the "on" position, the lamp should be grounded through the light assembly. In the "door" position, the lamp should be grounded through the plunger switch that senses when the door open. According to the NP wiring diagram, the one fuse does all the interior dome lights and map lights, and the door warning lamps on the instrument panel. I'd imagine the NS would be similar.
      NP DiD GLX Manual

Comment

• ENVSV6
        • Jan 2012
        • S.A

Mine did the exact same thing with the regular globes so I decided to buy some smd's and it has always come on when I open any of the doors also throws alot more white light
        1994 NJ 2.8TD Shorty Pajero ARB Bullbar, 31's, Tailgate Table,6000K 7" HID Spotties, Uniden 80CH UHF, 35ltr Waeco

Comment

• Humbug
          • Dec 2008
          • Melbourne

Guys, very embarrassed. I bought the LED festoon lights to replace the broken globe, and when i put it in, it did not work (as per my post above). Being new tot he LED game, didnt realise they were + - sensitive (unlike the old fashion globes). Decided to try the LED again, but the other way around , and sure enough, it nearly blinded me. Throws out a heap more light. Looks like i need to buy another 4 more to replace all the other ones .
          Humbug

NS 25th Anniversary Pajero, DID Auto
          Accessories fitted: ARB Delux Bar, TJM Snorkel, ARB Dual Batteries, Milford Cargo Barrier, Fourby Fitout storage system, ARB Onboard Compressor, Goodyear Wrangler MT's with 17 x 7.5 Speedy Grande rims, UHF radio, Bush Skinz bash plates and side steps.

Comment

• ENVSV6
            • Jan 2012
            • S.A

Yes its a good idea not to look at them lol I replaced the rear, cabin and also the map lights even the ones in the doors their all 31mm festoon click on the link in my post above
            1994 NJ 2.8TD Shorty Pajero ARB Bullbar, 31's, Tailgate Table,6000K 7" HID Spotties, Uniden 80CH UHF, 35ltr Waeco

Comment

• KPJero
              • May 2019
              • QLD

Hey guys,
              I went camping this weekend and everytime i opened the rear boot door, the dome light turned on. Then someone else opened it and the dome light would not turn on with the door but it would turn on with the switch. The dome light comes on when the other doors are open but it won't turn on if just the rear door opens. This is annoying as it was alot of darkness and opening and closing of the door to access my drawers for cookware etc. Any idea what this could be?

EDIT: I just had to take out one screw for the rear door push-pin style thing, disconnect it and blew it out. There was a ton of sand in it. All good now. 30 second fix
              Last edited by KPJero; 16-07-19, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• aussieintas
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2013
                • Sorell, Tasmania

The lights will time out after a while if ignition switched on to save the battery. You have to turn ignition off and on from memory.

If its not that it could be the rear door switch fault.
                2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...