Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 20-07-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
This goes to show that an operational EGR system did nothing to harm the longevity of this particular engine with respect to engine wear (apart from manifold build up which was cleaned).

I read your comment as the EGR blank being carried out at 370,000km btw, not that it was already blanked when you bought it. Correct me if I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you read me wrong!
My EGR was already blanked when I purchased it so I cannot say how long it had been but the blank plate was as rusty as the manifold so definitely wasn’t done recently. I believe in my knowledge that blanking the EGR would help the longlivity of the engine as you have more complete combustion and better turbo spoil meaning less stress on engine and better economy.
Old 20-07-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmarz View Post
No you read me wrong!

My EGR was already blanked when I purchased it so I cannot say how long it had been but the blank plate was as rusty as the manifold so definitely wasn’t done recently. I believe in my knowledge that blanking the EGR would help the longlivity of the engine as you have more complete combustion and better turbo spoil meaning less stress on engine and better economy.
Ah gotcha. I take it back. Cheers for the correction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 20-07-19
Valued Member

I've done 100,000km with the EGR disabled. I have no catch can though.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 20-07-19

Default Egr delete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisker View Post
I am considering fitting an EGR delete mod to my NW, I do have a catch can fitted. The primary reason for me in fitting the delete is the soot that is going into the engine and the possible detrimental effect this could have on engine life however on the other side of the coin I wonder about the effect on the engine of having higher combustion chamber temperatures as the combustion will get more oxygen and burn hotter. Both are possibly bad for engine life.
SO I was wanting to get an idea of how many km's people have got from their cars with or without a form of EGR delete. I would love to get as many responses as possible with no of KM;'s and whether you do or don't have a form of EGR delete fitted.
Thanks in advance
My Pajero NW 2013 model had 100,000 km on the clock when I had the tappets adjusted ,while the mechanic was in there I requested a manifold clean,he said I would not need it,I insisted.
Later he rang to say that the manifold had about 10mm thick of dried soot all around the manifold interior.
Once cleaned I bought a SP electronic module ,the vehicle has now done 165,000 since the clean up and module fitted (I do not have a catch can fitted).
I tow a 21ft caravan and have no problems with engine temperatures.
Like many Diesel mechanics I believe the EGR is just recirculating rubbish into the engine and this will shorten engine life in the long term.
Regards
Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system.
Old 06-08-19

I installed EGR mod a few months ago. Ive done a fair but to my car such as full arb bullbar with all the accessories, 2" lift with 32" MTs.

My usage before the mod was 13.2 per 100. after the mod i average 12.6 /100 doing 110km on long drives.

This is on a 2011 NT
Old 06-08-19

Default Egr

Have tried the EGR delete but every time I try it the idling go's up to around 1000 rpm until it has got to operating temp anybody else have this problem?
Old 1 Week Ago

No, have not had this or any problem.
I have an NW without particulate filter (thank God!)
If you have one on the NX, could this have a bearing on your problem?
Have you tried the blank plate with a small hole in it?
This sometimes works if an engine light comes on after fitting the plate.
Old 1 Week Ago

im in a challenger and have electronic egr mod for about 6years 90,000km regards john
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

I've clocked up almost 100K with the SPV mod and it's no issue at all.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.