Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > General Info

General Info Pros and cons of different makes and models (incl. international)

Old 12-07-18
Valued Member

Last week was the gas bonnet struts. Yesterday I replaced the OEM starter battery.

Now cranking with 830CCA D27F Optima Yellow Top. It turns over with much gusto now.
NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread
Old 13-07-18
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

I've been on a spending spree.......

HPD catch can, Narva 6 bank fuse block, 4 bank mini anl fuse distribution block, 3 x uni filter snorkel pre cleaners, battery analyser, travel buddy marine.

Fitted the catch can a few days ago. Easy job. I find its a bit noisy, I can hear induction noise at times now - suction through the catch can no doubt.

Today I re did my power distribution. Gone is the 4 bank 5ag glass fuse distribution block I've been using for a decade. In its place a 4 bank mini anl distribution block for the higher power circuits and a narva 6 bank fuse block with earth bus for the lower powered circuits. And I added a volt gauge next to the andersons so I don't have to look behind the fridge to check the Nasa BM-1 on the cargo barrier.

And now, the poor old DS oven will be retired now that I have a travel buddy with custom stainless baking tray. had to put a smaller tub on the left to give me the depth for the oven (which is a bit of a pain). been cooking chicko rolls, pies, squid and chips the last few days at home. It leaves the DS oven for dead.....at a huge cost mind you. I need a road trip now for an on the road evaluation of the TB marine. Chicko rolls in the bush....yum.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 13-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladguan View Post
My 21" STEDI ST3303 just arrived. Will swap out the old 31" eBay generic for the STEDI this Sunday, ready for the trip in two weeks time.
How good is the ST3303???

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 13-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewXT View Post
How good is the ST3303???

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Drew, have a read of my ride thread from the linked post onwards. In short very nice.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...&postcount=170
Old 14-07-18
Valued Member

New Kumho MT51 tyres, front wheel bearing and front upper ball joints.
Bushskins intercooler/sump/transmission guards | Ironman awning | Rhino Pioneer tray | ARB dual battery tray | 100Ah aux battery | Kumho MT51 tyres | Wholesale Automatic TC lockup | 9" 185W LED Spotlights | GME TX3500 | DIY shelf & Fridge Slide | Evakool 75 dual zone fridge | AEM Boost and Transmission Temp gauges | 2" Ultimate Suspension lift | HPD catch can | ARB bullbar | Redarc Tow Pro Elite
Old 16-07-18
Valued Member

New batteries for the Paj keys - CR1616. Was sick of them not working occasionally they have been worse in the cold. Should have done it long ago. We have had the Paj since 2011 and I assume they have never been changed.

Took 5 mins.
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates
Old 16-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis View Post
New batteries for the Paj keys - CR1616. Was sick of them not working occasionally they have been worse in the cold. Should have done it long ago. We have had the Paj since 2011 and I assume they have never been changed.

Took 5 mins.
Mine was replaced this year. I do the tripple press all the time to fold and unfold the mirrors so uses up the battery quicker.
Old 26-07-18

A large pack of trim clips and scrivets to replace the ones I mangled whilst removing the wheel inner arch guard for the snorkel install.
As a bonus my inner ocd perfectionist will enjoy replacing all the missing clips around the interior

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/41pcs-Pl...t/131793196001

Purchase #2, a $20 clamp mount to attempt a DIY Ipad mount, as its $100+ for the RAM Mount!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ando...872483095.html
1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. Toughdog suspension, 265/75r16 Cooper Discovery A/T, 100AH dual battery & db140i isolator, Roof basket, 2.5m & 1.4m awnings, 22" LED bar & eBay HIDs, rear LED work lights, Waeco CF40, custom storage shelf, 50L aux tank.
Old 28-07-18

Boos Bashplate for the rear and a GME UHF - super happy with both!

Waiting on a ultaguage as they seem to be on back order too

Next on the list is lift and tyres