Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Do a little research OJ - two human bodies put out a lot more than 50W, I'm thinking it won't make much difference.
Yes the www tells me that on average a human body generates about a 100watts, this makes sense as one is always warmer in a smaller tent than a larger tent or no tent at all. maybe for $16 it is worth the experiment it may even have a placebo effect for Mrs OJ!

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Speaking of condensation in the tent, I'm going to try a small USB desk fan you can buy at Office Works for about twenty bucks. Hopefully it will stir the air enough to stop most of the condensation in the Tvan tent.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Not sure about the T van, but we had a camper where you wound up the roof and pulled the beds out at each end. We live in Cooma NSW and the first night out was at Hay. Middle of winter. In the morning there was a frost as heavy as any we had seen in Cooma. We woke up at about 5:00am, and it was as if it was raining inside the van, over the beds. Condensation was incredible. First thing when we got to Mildura was to buy some flysheets, which I fitted that day. Never any more problems with condensation after that. Flysheets also help if you are trying to pack up the van when it has been raining. So I suggest that you investigate some flysheets for your van.
Old 2 Days Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Yes the www tells me that on average a human body generates about a 100watts, this makes sense as one is always warmer in a smaller tent than a larger tent or no tent at all. maybe for $16 it is worth the experiment it may even have a placebo effect for Mrs OJ!

OJ.
Placebos can be incredibly effective.

Try hanging some cheap "space blankets" inside the walls of the tent, to keep radiant heat (from your bodies) from striking the canvas. If they hang to the floor with a slight air gap from the walls, you may also be able to slow convection currents, and reduce the rate at which cold air inside the canvas sinks and circulates.

Reducing losses from your existing 200 W (or more - I reckon your missus would have a pretty good metabolism) may be more effective than adding another 50W.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Not sure about the T van, but we had a camper where you wound up the roof and pulled the beds out at each end. We live in Cooma NSW and the first night out was at Hay. Middle of winter. In the morning there was a frost as heavy as any we had seen in Cooma. We woke up at about 5:00am, and it was as if it was raining inside the van, over the beds. Condensation was incredible. First thing when we got to Mildura was to buy some flysheets, which I fitted that day. Never any more problems with condensation after that. Flysheets also help if you are trying to pack up the van when it has been raining. So I suggest that you investigate some flysheets for your van.
Thanks for the input and in fact, I'ver recently done that. There's a fly for the top of the Tvan tent they call a tropical roof. It does the same as your flys so hopefully that will also help.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 23 Hours Ago

Default Heater option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
My thought is youíre probably better off with thermal underwear, an extra blanket and a hot water bottle or two but there isnít anywhere near as much adventure in that when you can have another gadget
Why not buy an Ebay Diesel heater from China ?
Set it up as a stand alone unit and get either 5 or 3 kw for around $250.
Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system.
Old 23 Hours Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Placebos can be incredibly effective.

Try hanging some cheap "space blankets" inside the walls of the tent, to keep radiant heat (from your bodies) from striking the canvas. If they hang to the floor with a slight air gap from the walls, you may also be able to slow convection currents, and reduce the rate at which cold air inside the canvas sinks and circulates.

Reducing losses from your existing 200 W (or more - I reckon your missus would have a pretty good metabolism) may be more effective than adding another 50W.
may make condensation worse.

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"
Old 23 Hours Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
may make condensation worse.
Yes. Not necessarily any more condensation, but it would form on the plastic (and probably "run") rather than soak into the canvas.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....