Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Commercial Advertisers > Commercial Advertisers > MM 4X4

MM 4X4 Affordable Vehicle Electronics

Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Default Auto- Mate for PB/PC Challenger.

My Challenger has just started a R&D 2 week holiday at MM4x4 for the install and testing of Auto-Mate. Looking forward to getting it back as a test drive in MM's NX Pajero with Auto-Mate was very impressive.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
My Challenger has just started a R&D 2 week holiday at MM4x4 for the install and testing of Auto-Mate. Looking forward to getting it back as a test drive in MM's NX Pajero with Auto-Mate was very impressive.

OJ.
It surprises me how you wouldn't recommend a chip as a modification but you would this

locking the gear box out of its normal characteristics could be asking for trouble IMO

would be interesting what the long term affects would be.
Old 5 Days Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
It surprises me how you wouldn't recommend a chip as a modification but you would this

locking the gear box out of its normal characteristics could be asking for trouble IMO
I wouldn't characterise it as that.

Auto-mate uses the sport mode input to request a gear that will allow the torque converter to remain locked. It requests gear changes, but ultimately the factory programming decides whether or not to make the change, and will over-ride to down change gears if it feels it should.

Long term effect? Yes, it will keep the torque converter locked more. Will that have a material effect on clutches and brakes in the transmission? Only time will tell.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
would be interesting what the long term affects would be.
A longer lasting transmission and fuel savings
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate, auto-mate [prototype]
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
A longer lasting transmission and fuel savings

Agree. Had a long (3 hour haul) up a 4wd trail towing my camper. The lockup kit was worth its weight in gold. Just need to get the 2nd gear issue sorted when available.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

time will tell,
it would be the internals of the box that would worry me more than the small fuel savings on the minimal times it would be used

at least with my chip I decide what power to feed it and to date its the best mod I done with enormous power gains and fuel economy.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
time will tell,
it would be the internals of the box that would worry me more than the small fuel savings on the minimal times it would be used

at least with my chip I decide what power to feed it and to date its the best mod I done with enormous power gains and fuel economy.
what chip you running again ? ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 1 Day Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
what chip you running again ? ...

Unichip