Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 1 Day Ago

Default asc/abs warning light on dash.

Recently I had been having the asc/abs warning light flash up in bright orange - annoying in daytime and unbearable at night! - anyway I heard some horror stories about hydraulic brake failure etc with all associated costs and began to worry.

I had the missus check the brake lights etc as I had heard/read on here that a blown bulb can cause the warning to illuminate. Another common reason was a dirty or malfunctioning wheel sensor. However neither of these seemed to be causing the issue so it was off to get the codes read at the mechanics workshop.

As the apprentice parked my Paj up on the hoist I thought I noticed only the top lcd brake light working but that couldn't be because her indoors had checked them right?......WRONG , turns out she didn't realize the 2 big plastic corner lamps served a function .

15 minutes and $140 later I left red faced .

If your Pajero is flashing up the asc/abs warning lamp then you might want to save yourself the embarrassment and check all bulbs before heading to the workshop , I wish I did
Old 1 Day Ago
Valued Member

Maybe time to trade her in?

Old 1 Day Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacer View Post
Recently I had been having the asc/abs warning light flash

If your Pajero is flashing up the asc/abs warning lamp then you might want to save yourself the embarrassment and check all bulbs before heading to the workshop , I wish I did
Great thing aout this forum, is folk like yourself who put up the fault and the solution so others can learn, well done to you
2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana