Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Where the rubber hits the road.

Where the rubber hits the road. Discussion about drive train; (locking) diffs; wheels; hubs; suspension and, of course, tyres

Old 4 Days Ago

Default Falken tyres

What's the consensus of opinion of Falken tyres, more specifically the Wild Peak A/T3W, in 265/60 R18 114T XL, I'm considering these. I don't do serious off road work, do go on the beach frequently fishing and intend to get a on road caravan of max 2500kg. Opinions please...
Peter
2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.
Old 4 Days Ago

Sorry I can't comment on the AT3, but I have had Falken Wildpeak AT2 on my NM for 2 years now, they were the first upgrade I did to the vehicle. They grip well onroad, sand is good, mild mud (not thick sticky mud), rocks don't phase them. Have run pressures down to 12PSI in sand and never had a problem. They wear well, mine are still at about 75%
I would consider their MT next time I needed tyres.
2002 NM 3.5L V6 Auto GLS, Falken Wildpeak AT02, Ironman lift plus poly blocks, Bushskinz, ARB Combo bar, HF, VHF/UHF radios, 9" LED spots, 2 x LED light bars, interior LED lighting, Rear drawers, dual batteries, Projecta DC/DC charger, cabin filter mod, Bisho's centre console mod, roof basket, ebay snorkel, 90L water bladder and pump, activated tail lights.
Old 4 Days Ago
Valued Member

I had a set of Wildpeak AT2 on my NJ a few years back. They were a great tyre with a good wear rate and no issues.

Previously
88 NF SWB 2.6 manual
92 NH LWB 3.0 auto
92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
95 NJ SWB 3.0 auto
99 Cruiser 4.5 manual with all the fruit
Old 3 Days Ago

I just had five Falken Wildpeak AT3W fitted to my NW VRX yesterday in 265/60 R18 114T XL size. I only do dirt road touring nowdays towing my forward fold camper trailer with some mild off road tracks as well. First impressions are they are very quiet with good on road handling, especially compared to the new Silverstone AT's that my Pajero came fitted with. And the rolling resistance is quite low which should mean lower fuel usage on the highway. Can't wait to try them out on the dirt roads we will be traveling on our next trip out through western Qld.

James

Last edited by jkwpajero; 2 Days Ago at 03:11 PM.
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Just about to look for replacements for my wild peak AT2. They have been great tyres and have clocked just over 90000km of beach/hiway/dirt/mud/rock plenty of towing trailer and camper and boat and never let me down. They are 5 years old now and still have around 4mm to the tread wear indicators.

They are starting to show signs of their age as the white lettering is starting to peel off. Other than that they look pretty good.

5 years ago the AT2 cost me $275 each.
Old 2 Days Ago

I paid $229 per tyre for the AT3W fitted and balanced in 265/60 R18 114T XL. A very good price. 17" tyres may be cheaper. I have been researching these tyres a little more and the parent company is Sumitomo Rubber Industries of Japan, owners of Goodyear in Europe. Wildpeak AT3W are now standard fitment to Mercedes G class vehicles in Europe so that is a pretty good indication of their qualities.

JamesW

Last edited by jkwpajero; 2 Days Ago at 11:59 AM.
Old 1 Day Ago

Thanks for all your replies, JKWPajero, that's an exceptional price, do you mind telling me where you got it, best I can do in WA at the moment is $279 in 18".
All seems positive about the Falken tyres.
2014 NW VR-X, Ironbark. Dual battery, Off Road Downunder tray, Redarc BCDC1225LV, 92ah AGM, Projector dual battery moniter, Rhino racks & rod holders, ARB awning, MMA steel bar, MMA towbar package, Half rear wheel cover & lift kit, Xray vision 10led bar, Uniden UH 8080NB CB, Tint a car tint, Rear shelf, 40l Engel & slide, Blackvue in car video, Baintech power panel, Scan guage, ARB compressor, Rodezi rod holders, Sports grill, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard & various other bits & pieces.
Old 1 Day Ago

Hazpet, I got mine through my local Tyrepower in Penrith, western Sydney. He has the knack of always getting us good prices for all our tyre needs. Maybe it's just the freight to WA that adds to the price.

James