Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 4 Days Ago

Default Rear oil seal leaking at 130k ?

Noticed an oil leak around Bell housing , took it to Mitsubishi to be told the rear oil seal was leaking , at 130 k wasnt impressed . Have any other Pajero owners , at these ks , experienced the same thing ?
Old 4 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajero1947 View Post
Noticed an oil leak around Bell housing , took it to Mitsubishi to be told the rear oil seal was leaking , at 130 k wasnt impressed . Have any other Pajero owners , at these ks , experienced the same thing ?

I suspected i had a rear main seal leak, Took it to Mitsi and it was just the Sump Seal, They also suspected the rear seal and even had the gearbox out.
Old 2 Days Ago

Default rear seal

Gidday Jim
Try a search on this forum mate because I have read posts from others who have been affected by similar oil leaks during the warranty period. I cant recall the exact detail but do recall it
Andy
Old 2 Days Ago

When looking to purchase an NW a few years ago, one GL I looked at had 50Kkm, no service books and a notable oil leak from the bellhousing. Although it's previous ownership was obscure, it was clean and had no evidence of a hard life. I wonder if sometimes it just happens?
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy Andy View Post
Gidday Jim
Try a search on this forum mate because I have read posts from others who have been affected by similar oil leaks during the warranty period. I cant recall the exact detail but do recall it
Andy
When new, there is a protective wax in the auto's bell housing that is supposed to be removed during pre-delivery.
If the wax isn't removed, it may give the appearance of an oil leak at the bell housing & may even drip onto the ground (one of my new Pajeros did this - the dealer cleaned it off & it never reappeared).
Unsure if this could still occur at 130k - perhaps clean it off & see how much reappears?
Old 2 Days Ago

My NT had an oil leak, same place, at the 50k mark.

Dealer fixed it, never happened again
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
My NT had an oil leak, same place, at the 50k mark.

Dealer fixed it, never happened again
Me too but I noticed mine at about 80k

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear shelf with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, tigerz awning 2.5 x 2.0m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.