Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 2 Days Ago

Thanks for the feedback - I just figured if I could get the battery up to 13.5v and run it to 12.5v it would be a lot easier on it than starting at 12.7 and drop below the 12v. Never used to worry about it in the old Holden days - but they say ignorance is bliss :O)
Old 2 Days Ago

Thanks for those options - might have to have a play around in our travels - heading off north in morning.

Cheers - Phil
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Yep at 12.7 to 12.8v resting (after you've switched the car or any other charger off and leave it sit for an hour or so) your battery is fully charged. Anything under 12v is basically flat. Taking the battery down to 12.5v (even lower. I try to make sure I'm always above 12.2) will have no I'll effect at all. Battery world over behind the old bunnings tests your battery for free if you're in any doubt, and ive found they're not dishonest to try to get a sale.

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear shelf with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, tigerz awning 2.5 x 2.0m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

As well as my digital multi meter, I also have one of these to check on the CCA. It's been handy.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lead-aci...ry+tester.TRS0
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0415discog View Post
Yep at 12.7 to 12.8v resting (after you've switched the car or any other charger off and leave it sit for an hour or so) your battery is fully charged. Anything under 12v is basically flat. Taking the battery down to 12.5v (even lower. I try to make sure I'm always above 12.2) will have no I'll effect at all. Battery world over behind the old bunnings tests your battery for free if you're in any doubt, and ive found they're not dishonest to try to get a sale.
Thanks Hatto - will be on their doorstep on return if still wondering cheers Phil
Old 2 Days Ago
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
As well as my digital multi meter, I also have one of these to check on the CCA. It's been handy.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lead-aci...ry+tester.TRS0
Lucky bugga old postie. Have a good trip North while we chill here in dullsville.

haha Ian. I just bought one last week myself. $35 to confirm to me what i already know...... its r00ted...

EDIT: bloody hell, hope you didnt pay that price

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Can't remember mate but it's been very useful when others I travel with have battery issues. Well worth the expense whatever it was.
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Can't remember mate but it's been very useful when others I travel with have battery issues. Well worth the expense whatever it was.

They are a great tool. I carry a Projecta 25 amp charger, multi meter, clamp meter and wattmeter when ever I head off. I reckon they get used by myself or others every trip...